Bank Operations Tracks
Getting started on a Diploma or Certificate is as easy as registering for your first course. There are no registration fees or application fees and CFT tuition is oftentimes employer paid (please confirm your company’s tuition policy with your manager or supervisor). We suggest beginning your studies with the Principles of Banking course, but you can take the required courses in any order.
INTRO TO FINANCIAL SERVICES OPERATIONS CERTIFICATE
Upon successful completion of the following CFT courses (or a course equivalent), students will gain an introductory knowledge of financial services operations.
- Principles of Banking
- Law and Banking: Applications OR Law and Banking: Principles
- Business Math
- Deposit Accounts & Services
- Business Communication
FINANCIAL SERVICES OPERATIONS DIPLOMA
Upon successful completion of the following CFT courses (or a course equivalent), students will gain an in-depth knowledge of financial services for a successful financial services operations career.
All of the requirements as shown above for the Intro to Financial Services Operations Certificate, PLUS:
- Customer Service Innovation OR Customer Service Excellence
- Accounting OR Financial Accounting OR Accounting Basics
- Money and Banking
- IRA Overview (minimum 1/4 credit)
- Bank Secrecy Act (minimum 1/4 credit)
Diploma Requirements and Eligibility:
- All required and elective courses must be completed with a passing grade (D or better) and the student’s overall grade point average (GPA) must be 2.00 or higher.
- All courses must carry a minimum of 2.00 credits unless otherwise noted in the specific diploma and certificate requirements.
- You can transfer up to half of the course credits needed for each diploma or certificate from a college, university, or other educational organization. CFT will also consider awarding credit for other training programs (including internal training) on a case-by-case basis.
- You can complete the requirements of your diploma and certificate at a pace that suits your schedule and the courses can be completed in any order you choose.
- In order to keep pace with the ever-changing financial services landscape, it is necessary for CFT to revise the course requirements of certain diplomas and certificates from time to time. However, once you have begun the process of completing the requirements for a specific CFT diploma or certificate, you can continue to do so right through to completion, under the requirement guidelines you started with.