The Money and Banking course is ACE recommended for college credit transfer!
ACE Credit Recommendation Reference Number: CFTA-0017 (CFT Course Code: A200)
Course Prerequisite Info: Students are Required to complete the Economics course prior to taking the Money and Banking course.
Course Description and Audience:
The Money and Banking course teaches the role of money, credit, and financial institutions in the U.S. economy. Topics include commercial banks, thrifts, credit unions, the Federal Reserve system, credit markets, and monetary theory and policy. It emphasizes the effects of structural change, globalization, financial innovation, and technology on the financial environment.
Textbook chapter topics include:
- An Introduction to Money and the Financial System
- Money and the Payment System
- Financial Instruments, Financial Markets, and Financial Institutions
- Understanding Risk
- Bonds, Bond Prices, and the Determination of Interest Rates
- The Risk and Term Structure of Interest Rates
- Stocks, Stock Markets, and Market Efficiency
- Derivates: Futures, Options, and Swamps
- Foreign Exchange
- The Economics of Financial Intermediation
- Depository Institutions: Banks and Bank Management
- Financial Industry Structure
- Central Banks in the World Today
- The Trust of Central Banks: The Federal Reserve and the European Central Bank
- The Central Bank Balance Sheet and the Money Supply Process
- Monetary Policy: Using Interest Rates to Stabilize the Domestic Economy
- Exchange-Rate Policy and the Central Bank
- Money Growth, Money Demand, and Modern Monetary Policy
- Output, Inflation, and Monetary Policy
- Understanding Business cycle Fluctuations
- Modern Monetary Policy and the Challenges Facing Central Bankers
Audience: Students who have not had a formal course in money and banking and who wish to increase their understanding of the banking industry; officer trainees through mid-management level bankers.
Diplomas and Certificates Applicable to the Money and Banking course:
- General Financial Services Diploma
- Advanced Financial Services Diploma
- Financial Services Operations Diploma
- Introduction to Credit Analysis Certificate
- Real Estate Lending Diploma
- Consumer Lending Diploma
- Commercial Lending Diploma
- Agricultural Lending Diploma
eBook access included in tuition
Mike has recently retired after 30 years of work in the financial services field. Like many in the field, he started off as a teller and worked his way up to SVP. The major focus of his work was in ... read more.