Course Description and Audience
The Customer Service course will help you discover why improving your service to consumers is a career investment. Learn how to provide service that meets the needs and expectations of every consumer. Training topics include: recognize the importance of customer service; understand the communication process; recognize the value of face-to-face interactions; describe how to effectively use the telephone to communicate; identify techniques for interacting with diverse customers; identify techniques for handling challenging situations; explain the role of technology in customer service; describe the importance of effectively working with internal customers.
Textbook chapter topics include:
- The Importance of Customer Service
- The Communications Process
- Telephone Interactions
- Interacting with Diverse Customers
- Handling Challenging Situations
- The Role of Technology in Customer Service
- Working with Internal Customers
Audience: Bank or Credit Union employees who have direct or indirect contact with consumers.
Diplomas and Certificates Applicable to the Customer Service Excellence course:
- Introduction to Financial Services Certificate
- General Financial Services Diploma
- Advanced Financial Services Diploma
- Financial Services Operations Diploma
- Real Estate Lending Diploma
- Consumer Lending Diploma
- Commercial Lending Diploma
- Agricultural Lending Diploma
- Introduction to Supervision Certificate
- Professional Teller Certificate
- Universal Banker Certificate
- Universal Banker Diploma
- Introduction to Sales and Service Certificate
- Sales and Service Management Diploma
eBook access included in tuition
With over 20 years of banking experience, Jaime knows what it takes to be a successful banker! She has held various positions in a branch - everything from teller to branch manager – and is current... read more.
Marta started her banking career in 1990 as a teller and worked her way up to Employment Officer, in charge of bank-wide training and hiring. In 1994 Marta began volunteering for her local Center for... read more.