Social Security Basics
This webinar is an introduction to the basic rules that govern Social Security and why you should know them as a banker. Most younger Americans do not understand the importance of the program; for example, Social Security provides more than 50 percent of family income for two-thirds of older Americans!
Webinar Description and Intended Audience
This webinar is an introduction to the basic rules that govern Social Security and why you should know them as a banker. Most younger Americans do not understand the importance of the program; for example, Social Security provides more than 50 percent of family income for two-thirds of older Americans! In addition, an estimated 10,000 Americans (on average) reach retirement age every day and are intensely interested in Social Security. In this webinar, we give special attention to Social Security coverage requirements, retirement benefits and spousal benefits and how you can use that information to advise your customers. We also cover how taxes and additional work affect those benefits.
- Who is covered by Social Security?
- Why is Social Security so important to American workers and retirees?
- What benefits are available for covered individuals?
- How are Social Security benefits calculated?
- What is “early retirement” and how does it affect a retiree’s Social Security benefits?
- What is “delayed retirement” and how does it affect a retiree’s benefits?
- Are Social Security benefits ever taxable?
- How are Social Security benefits affected when a beneficiary continues to work?
- What are basic ideas to create a Social Security retirement strategy?
Who Should Attend?
- Bankers who provide retirement planning services
- Bankers who interact with the public, especially older clients concerned about their Social Security benefits and claiming rules
- Bankers who need to learn about possible benefits for spouses, divorced spouses, widows, and divorced widows Note: millions of dollars go unclaimed every year – money that can lead to additional bank deposits!
- Bank employees and managers who want to learn about their own potential benefits and claiming strategies
- Bank Managers who want to provide Social Security counselling as either a “value added” for clients, or as a profit-center
Webinar Viewing Options
INCLUDES 7 DAYS OF UNLIMITED ONDEMAND PLAYBACK! With this option, you will participate in the webinar live, via the internet. You will login to the webinar on your PC to view the PowerPoint presentation, and you have the option of using your PC speakers or a telephone for the audio. You can type and send your questions to the instructor. Many companies are now running their PC through an LCD projector allowing many employees to participate at the same time. And don’t worry if you miss the webinar, you can still view it for up to seven days after it takes place!
SIX MONTH ONDEMAND VIDEO:
With this option, you will receive an e-mail that contains a link to the PowerPoint slides (to download, print, and copy) as well as a link to the media player where you will view and hear the entire webinar just as it was delivered, featuring the full-color PowerPoint presentation with audio. You can pause, fast-forward and rewind as needed, which makes it a very effective training tool. The OnDemand Video will be available to you (and anyone else in the company) for six months and can be accessed 24/7 as many times as you wish. Delivered via e-mail the day after the webinar takes place.
If you do not have internet access or want to make the webinar part of your training library, the CD-ROM Recording is a great option for viewing a webinar. You can pause, fast-forward and rewind as needed, which makes it an effective training tool. With this option, you will receive a download of any applicable handouts and a CD-ROM (featuring the full-color PowerPoint presentation with audio) via regular mail. Mailed 7 to 10 days after the webinar takes place.
Webinars can be scheduled and offered exclusively for your company. They can even be customized to best fit your needs. To find out more, please complete the in-house request form found in the Schedule and Registration Information section below.
Continuing Education (CE) Credits
This webinar is recommended for 2.5 CE Credit Hours. Each attendee will receive a Certificate of Attendance for self-reporting of CE Credits.