Problem Loan Workouts Workshop
Introduction: The earlier a problem loan can be detected the greater the opportunity to take corrective action and minimize the potential for loan default and loan loss. This program will examine steps to pursue when a commercial loan becomes a problem for your financial institution. Knowing what you can do and when to do it are essential components to an effective workout plan.
• How to foresee problem loans and what you can do about them
• Proper Loan Structuring: A key to avoiding problem loans
• When to develop a workout plan
• Using Counsel
• Appropriate actions after a default occurs
• Pursuing Guarantors
• The Value of Collateral (or lack thereof)
• Business Credit Analysts
• Commercial Loan Officers
• Other bank personnel with a sound understanding of business credit analysis
• Loan officers with workout responsibilities
Instructor: Vincent DiCara is a co-founder of Development Finance Training and Consulting, Inc. (DFTC). He has been involved in evaluating and meeting the credit needs of small and medium-sized businesses for more than twenty-seven years as a business advocate, lender, credit analyst and trainer in the public, private non-profit, and private sectors. Immediately prior to establishing DFTC in 2002, Mr. DiCara was the Principal of Development Consulting Services, a consulting business which provided business plan development and financial packaging services.