Managing E-Mail and Not Letting It Manage You
Writing well remains one of the biggest challenges for managers. Because everything we write is a representation of ourselves, our department, and our organization, it is important that we communicate clearly and professionally.
“Managing e-mail and not Letting it Manage You”” examines the steps in the writing process – from brainstorming to proofreading. This interactive workshop focuses on e-mail and provides practical strategies to streamline e-mail communication. Techniques to help busy managers become more efficient with e-mail are also addressed.
- Writing e-Mail Messages that are Concise and Results-Oriented
- Beginning with Impact and Knowing Your Audience
- Ensuring a Positive Tone with Your e-Mails
- Time Management Techniques for Writing and Reading e-mails
- Constructing Clear Thoughts
- Grammar and Punctuation Review
- Reducing Wordiness
- Proofreading Tips
Varies Based on Client Need
Group Discussions, Exercises, Lecturettes, Self-Assessment, Critiquing of Sample e-Mails, and Workbook