IRA Essentials Seminar
This updated 2016 IRA Essentials seminar with Ascensus gives attendees a solid foundation of IRA knowledge. Exercises are included throughout the day to help participants apply information to job-related situations. Attendees will leave this session able to work with IRA owners and process basic IRA transactions with confidence. This is a beginner’s session; no previous IRA knowledge is assumed. Those attending should bring a hand-held calculator.
INTRODUCTION AND ESTABLISHING IRAs
- Explain the benefits of an IRA
- Identify the tax differences of a Traditional and Roth IRA
- Examine the process for establishing an IRA and the required documents
- Differentiate between the types of beneficiaries
- Learn about the Traditional and Roth IRA eligibility requirements
- Identify the contribution limit and deadline
- Ensure accurate contribution reporting
- Distinguish the possible taxes on IRA distributions
- Identify federal and state tax withholding requirements
- Examine IRS penalties and their exceptions
- Ensure accurate distribution reporting
- Identify the differences between a rollover and a transfer
- Recognize rollovers between IRAs and employer-sponsored retirement plans
- Ensure accurate rollover reporting
Who Should Attend?
Anyone new to IRAs who needs to learn the basic rules that govern Traditional and Roth IRAs.
Experienced IRA professionals who need an updated, general refresher on IRA rules.
ASCENSUS seminars are delivered by a group of highly trained instructors who are recognized as some of the leading retirement experts in the industry. These instructors have a combined 137 years of Ascensus experience. This experience coupled with their recognized industry designations (e.g. CIP, CISP, QKA, and QPA) sets them apart as true subject matter experts. Come learn from the best!