Health Savings Accounts Seminar
HSA Essentials is a half-day course that provides attendees with a broad understanding of HSA rules and responsibilities. The course is designed for individuals having any experience level with HSAs as it can introduce inexperienced attendees to HSA concepts, and serve as a refresher for more seasoned HSA personnel.
Course topics include:
Introduction to HSAs
- What is an HSA and what are the benefits?
- Who is eligible to establish and contribute to an HSA?
- How do we set-up an HSA?
- What are the documentation requirements?
- What are the contribution limits and deadlines?
- How are contributions reported?
- What are the tax and penalty implications of qualified and nonqualified distributions?
- Can certain transactions be corrected?
- How are distributions reported?
- What are the differences between transfers and rollovers?
- How are transfers and rollovers reported?
Who Should Attend?
New Account Representatives, Certificate of Deposit Personnel, Savings Counselors, Accountholder Service Representatives, Investment and Trust Personnel who are involved in the opening, selling, marketing, or administration of HSAs. Any officer/manager who “oversees” the New Account department and may be responsible for answering HSA accountholders questions or concerns but does not actually open HSA accounts.