Excel Explained: Managing Large Spreadsheets Webinar
When it comes to managing large spreadsheets, users often feel stressed about a multitude of issues. In this beneficial presentation, Excel expert David Ringstrom, CPA, demonstrates a number of ways you can manage large spreadsheets with confidence.
Webinar Description and Audience
When it comes to managing large spreadsheets, users often feel stressed about a multitude of issues. In this beneficial presentation, Excel expert David Ringstrom, CPA, demonstrates several ways you can manage large spreadsheets with confidence. His tips will help you save time, improve the integrity of large workbooks, avoid repetitive tasks, and much more.
David demonstrates every technique at least twice: first, on a PowerPoint slide with numbered steps, and second, in Excel 2016. He’ll draw to your attention any differences in Excel 2013, 2010, or 2007 during the presentation as well as in his detailed handouts. David also provides an Excel workbook that includes most of the examples he uses during the webcast.
- Switching between Custom Views by way of a hidden drop-down list you can enable on Excel’s Quick Access Toolbar.
- Restoring “classic” Print Preview functionality in Excel 2007 and later.
- Seeing how to view two worksheets from within the same workbook at the same time.
- Avoiding repetitive work by creating a keyboard shortcut for Excel’s Freeze Panes feature.
- Saving time when aggregating data from multiple worksheets with Excel’s INDIRECT function.
- Understanding the difference between manual and automatic calculation modes in Excel.
- Using Excel’s Custom Views feature to apply different print settings, including orientation and margins, to a single worksheet.
- Learning the power – and the risks – of grouping worksheets.
- Using the Group and Ungroup feature to expand or collapse rows and/or columns.
- Simplifying repetitive tasks by creating your own keyboard shortcuts.
- Learning a simple technique that can reduce the size of a large Excel workbook by 1/3 or more.
- Learning how to deal with annoying changes to Print Preview in Word 2010 and later.
- Apply the Watch Window feature to monitor and to navigate key worksheet cells.
- Identify how to use Custom Views to manage the hidden or visible status of columns, rows, worksheets, print settings, and more.
- Implement the INDIRECT worksheet function to create simpler summary spreadsheets.
Who Should Attend?
Practitioners seeking to improve the integrity of their large Excel spreadsheets and work with them more efficiently.
Continuing Education Credits (CEC)
This webinar is recommended for 2.5 CE Credit Hours. Each attendee will receive a Certificate of Attendance for self-reporting of CE Credits.
INCLUDES 7 DAYS OF ONDEMAND PLAYBACK! With this option, you will participate in the webinar (via the internet) as it is being presented. You will login to the webinar on your PC to view the PowerPoint presentation, and you have the option of using your PC speakers or a telephone for the audio. You can type and send your questions to the instructor. Many companies are now running their PC through an LCD projector allowing many employees to participate at the same time. And don’t worry if you miss the webinar, you can still view it for up to seven days after it takes place!
SIX MONTH ONDEMAND VIDEO:
With this option, you will receive an e-mail that contains a link to the PowerPoint slides (to download, print, and copy) as well as a link to the media player where you will view and hear the entire webinar just as it was delivered, featuring the full-color PowerPoint presentation with audio. You can pause, fast-forward and rewind as needed, which makes it a very effective training tool. The OnDemand Video will be available to you (and anyone else in the company) for six months and can be accessed 24/7 as many times as you wish. Delivered via e-mail the day after the webinar takes place.
If you do not have internet access or want to make the webinar part of your training library, the CD-ROM Recording is a great option for viewing a webinar. You can pause, fast-forward and rewind as needed, which makes it an effective training tool. With this option, you will receive a download of the PowerPoint slides and a CD-ROM Recording (featuring PowerPoint presentation with audio) of the webinar via regular mail. Mailed 7 to 10 days after the webinar takes place.
Webinars can be scheduled and offered exclusively for your company. They can even be customized to best fit your needs. To find out more, please complete the in-house request form found in the Schedule and Registration Information section below.