Excel Explained: Introduction to Spreadsheets Webinar
This presentation is designed for those who haven’t worked with Excel spreadsheets before or who haven’t used them in a few years. Excel expert David Ringstrom, CPA, walks you through the basics of Excel spreadsheets, providing the knowledge needed to create functional spreadsheets and manipulate large lists of data.
Webinar Description and Audience
If you’ve never worked with Excel spreadsheets or haven’t in several years, this webcast is designed just for you. Excel expert David Ringstrom, CPA, walks you through the basics of Excel spreadsheets, providing the knowledge needed to create functional spreadsheets and manipulate large lists of data. David presents an overview of the different types of files you can create, explains Excel’s rows and columns grid, demonstrates how to remove duplicates from a list, shares keyboard shortcuts to simplify repetitive tasks, and more.
David demonstrates every technique at least twice: first, on a PowerPoint slide with numbered steps, and second, in Excel 2016. He draws to your attention any differences in Excel 2013, 2010, or 2007 during the presentation as well as in his detailed handouts. David also provides an Excel workbook that includes most of the examples he uses during the webcast.
What You Will Learn:
- Gaining control of long lists of data by filtering instead of sorting.
- Getting a jump start on spreadsheet projects by using free, prebuilt templates in Excel.
- Mastering Excel’s order of operations for mathematical formulas.
- Minimizing effort in Excel by only selecting cells when necessary.
- Separating first/last names into two columns without using formulas or retyping.
- Getting an overview of the different types of files you can create in Excel.
- Using Text to Columns in any version of Excel to quickly separate city, state, and ZIP code into separate columns.
- Managing cumbersome lists of data using the Table feature.
- Learning how the Table feature allows you to transform filtering tasks.
- Getting oriented with Excel’s grid of rows and columns.
- Identifying duplicates in a list using Conditional Formatting.
- Bringing Excel’s green error-checking prompts under control by managing the underlying rules.
Who Should Attend?
Practitioners who wish to learn the basics of working with Excel spreadsheets.
Webinar Viewing Options
INCLUDES SEVEN DAYS OF ONDEMAND PLAYBACK! With this option, you will participate in the webinar (via the internet) as it is being presented. You will login to the webinar on your PC to view the PowerPoint presentation, and you have the option of using your PC speakers or a telephone for the audio. Participants can type and send their questions to the instructor. Many companies are now running their PC through an LCD projector allowing many employees to participate in the same room.
SIX MONTH ONDEMAND VIDEO RECORDING:
With this option, you will receive an e-mail that contains a link to the PowerPoint slides (to download, print, and copy) as well as a link to the media player where you will view and hear the entire webinar just as it was delivered, featuring the full-color PowerPoint presentation with audio. You can pause, fast-forward and rewind as needed, which makes it an effective training tool. The OnDemand Video will be available to you (and anyone else in the company) for six months and can be accessed 24/7 as many times as you wish. Delivered via e-mail the day after the webinar takes place.
CD-ROM VIDEO RECORDING:
If you do not have internet access or want to make the webinar part of your training library, the CD-ROM Recording is a great option for viewing a webinar. You can pause, fast-forward and rewind as needed, which makes it an effective training tool. With this option, you will receive a download of the PowerPoint slides and a CD-ROM Recording (featuring PowerPoint presentation with audio) of the webinar via regular mail. Mailed 7 to 10 days after the webinar takes place.
Webinars can be scheduled and offered exclusively for your company. They can even be customized to best fit your needs. To find out more, please complete the in-house request form found in the Schedule and Registration Information section below.
Continuing Education (CE) Credits
This webinar is recommended for 2.5 CE Credit Hours. Each attendee will receive a Certificate of Attendance for self-reporting of CE Credits.