If you’ve never worked with Excel spreadsheets or haven’t in several years, this webcast is designed just for you. Excel expert David Ringstrom, CPA, walks you through the basics of Excel spreadsheets, providing the knowledge needed to create functional spreadsheets and manipulate large lists of data. David presents an overview of the different types of files you can create, explains Excel’s rows and columns grid, demonstrates how to remove duplicates from a list, shares keyboard shortcuts to simplify repetitive tasks, and more.
David demonstrates every technique at least twice: first, on a PowerPoint slide with numbered steps, and second, in the subscription-based Microsoft 365 (formerly Office 365) version of Excel. David draws your attention to any differences in the older versions of Excel (2019, 2016, 2013, and earlier) during the presentation as well as in his detailed handouts. David also provides an Excel workbook that includes most of the examples he uses during the webcast.
Microsoft 365 is a subscription-based product that provides new feature updates as often as monthly. Conversely, the perpetual licensed versions of Excel have feature sets that don’t change. Perpetual licensed versions have year numbers, such as Excel 2019, Excel 2016, and so on.
What You Will Learn:
- Bringing Excel’s green error-checking prompts under control by managing the underlying rules.
- Copying formulas efficiently down one or more columns at the same time.
- Cutting and pasting data from one part of a worksheet to another.
- Discerning the nuance of entering text into worksheet cells.
- Duplicating Excel worksheets in two different ways.
- Eliminating duplicates from a list with just a few mouse clicks.
- Gaining control of long lists of data by filtering instead of sorting.
- Getting oriented with Excel’s grid of rows and columns.
- Handling situations where numbers are presented as # signs on-screen and in Print Preview.
- Jump-starting data visualization with the Quick Analysis feature.
- Jump-starting spreadsheet projects using free, prebuilt templates in Excel.
- Learning about the different types of files you can create in Excel.
Who Should Attend?
Practitioners who wish to learn the basics of working with Excel spreadsheets.
Continuing Education (CE) Credits
This webinar is recommended for 2.5 CE Credit Hours. Each attendee will receive a Certificate of Attendance for self-reporting of CE Credits.View Delivery Options