This live program focuses on current issues involving financial exploitation. A reference manual will be included with resources and sample forms.
Elder financial exploitation, the illegal or improper use of an older person’s funds, property, or assets, has emerged as one of the most significant frauds and the most common form of elder abuse in the United States. This webinar will discuss common scams targeting older adults, red flags, and we will discuss reasons for cognitive decline. Join us as the information will enhance your bank’s efforts to prevent, detect, and respond to elder financial exploitation.
What You’ll Learn
- Discussion on why financial professionals are the “watchdogs” for exploitation
- Tips for recognizing signs of diminished capacity
- Review the first-ever public analysis of EFE SAR filings
- Identify Red Flags for Elder Financial Exploitation
- SAR completion for elder exploitation
- Free materials available to promote customer awareness and to train your staff
- Discuss Community Outreach Opportunities and materials
- Take-Away Toolkit
- Comprehensive list of free resources
- Elder Suspicious Activity Form
- Sample Policy Language
- Quick Responses to Potential EFE Customer Situations
Who Should Attend
This informative session is designed for compliance officers, BSA officers, trainers, branch managers, lenders, marketing, and bank management.
Continuing Education (CE) Credits
This webinar is recommended for 2.5 CE Credit Hours. Each attendee will receive a Certificate of Attendance for self-reporting of CE Credits.View Delivery Options
Molly began her banking career on the teller line while working on her undergraduate degree and has continued working in the financial industry ever since. Some of her experience includes roles in ope... read more.