Effective Communication Workshop
Combined with the personality assessment tool used to evaluate each participate, this effective communication workshop helps participants examine their own communication styles and provides them with practical techniques for communicating as managers and supervisors. This workshop also focuses on how to become an effective business writer. Excellent writing requires purposeful, reader-oriented, organized approach to communicate clearly and concisely.
At the conclusion of this session, you will be able to:
- Understand your own communication style and adapt it to your role as a supervisor and manager.
- Review the components of the communication model and the “noise” that accompanies the model
- Learn the roadblocks and solutions to effective communication.
- Deal with miscommunications in the workplace.
- Recognize the characteristics of effective and ineffective writing
- Apply the writing process; plan, draft, revise, edit, proofread
- Develop a convincing, complete, organized document
- Edit for the C’s of Communication: courtesy, clarity, conciseness, and correctness
- Employ the principles of e-mail “netiquette”