Ability To Repay/Qualified Mortgage Rules Webinar
This two-hour webinar provides a comprehensive review of all the ATR options, including the existing and new QM options. The new EGRRCPA rules receive special attention. The program helps you decide whether changes are needed or if the status quo is acceptable.
Webinar Description and Intended Audience
The Ability to Repay/Qualified Mortgage (ATR/QM) rules were originally released in 2014. The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) revised the rules on September 21, 2015, January 1, 2016, and on April 1, 2016. Now Congress has jumped back in the game.
- Section 101 of the Economic Growth, Regulatory Relief and Consumer Protection Act (EGRRCPA) creates a new QM standard for small institutions (less than $10 billion in assets) that hold the loans in their portfolio and meet certain other criteria.
- Section 307 of the EGRRCPA orders the CFPB to develop ATR standards for property accessed clean energy (PACE) financing.
The President signed EGRRCPA on May 24, 2018. The provisions mentioned above were effective upon enactment, but the CFPB will revise the ATR/QM rules contain in §1026. 43 of Regulation Z.
So where does this history of change leave your institution?
- Have you evaluated the impact these changes may have on your institution?
- Are the ATR/QM options currently used by your institution still acceptable?
- How do you update your compliance management system to assure the continued success of your ATR/QM compliance program?
The ATR/QM rules have been in use for four years. During that four-year span the rules have been rocked by constant change. This two-hour webinar provides a comprehensive review of all the ATR options, including the existing and new QM options. The new EGRRCPA rules receive special attention. The program helps you decide whether changes are needed or if the status quo is acceptable.
- Which loans are covered by and which loans are exempt from the ATR/QM rules;
- The seven Ability to Repay Options and the five Qualified Mortgage Options;
- What conditions must be met for a loan to be considered under each option;
- When is a transaction considered a Higher Priced Covered Transaction and how that impacts Qualified Mortgage status;
- The options available for lenders using balloon financing;
- What institutions qualify as “small creditors” under the revised rules;
- What special ATR/QM options are available for small creditors, including the option presented by Section 101 of EGRRCPA;
- The expanded definition of “rural area” and how the change impacts your institution;
- How to consider PACE financing when evaluating the ability to repay; and
- What tools are available from the Census Bureau and the CFPB to determine which areas are rural areas and how to use those tools.
Who Should Attend?
This informative session will benefit auditors, compliance officers, loan officers, loan processors and other personnel with mortgage lending responsibilities.
Webinar Viewing Options
INCLUDES 7 DAYS OF UNLIMITED ONDEMAND PLAYBACK! With this option, you will participate in the webinar live, via the internet. You will login to the webinar on your PC to view the PowerPoint presentation, and you have the option of using your PC speakers or a telephone for the audio. You can type and send your questions to the instructor. Many companies are now running their PC through an LCD projector allowing many employees to participate at the same time. And don’t worry if you miss the webinar, you can still view it for up to seven days after it takes place!
SIX MONTH ONDEMAND VIDEO:
With this option, you will receive an e-mail that contains a link to the PowerPoint slides (to download, print, and copy) as well as a link to the media player where you will view and hear the entire webinar just as it was delivered, featuring the full-color PowerPoint presentation with audio. You can pause, fast-forward and rewind as needed, which makes it a very effective training tool. The OnDemand Video will be available to you (and anyone else in the company) for six months and can be accessed 24/7 as many times as you wish. Delivered via e-mail the day after the webinar takes place.
If you do not have internet access or want to make the webinar part of your training library, the CD-ROM Recording is a great option for viewing a webinar. You can pause, fast-forward and rewind as needed, which makes it an effective training tool. With this option, you will receive a download of any applicable handouts and a CD-ROM (featuring the full-color PowerPoint presentation with audio) via regular mail. Mailed 7 to 10 days after the webinar takes place.
Webinars can be scheduled and offered exclusively for your company. They can even be customized to best fit your needs. To find out more, please complete the in-house request form found in the Schedule and Registration Information section below.
Continuing Education (CE) Credits
This webinar is recommended for 2.5 CE Credit Hours. Each attendee will receive a Certificate of Attendance for self-reporting of CE Credits.