Human Resource Management course is ACE recommended for college credit transfer!
ACE Credit Recommendation Reference Number: CFTA-0025 (CFT Course Code: A511)
Course Description and Audience:
The Human Resource Management course covers all aspects of human resource management and its impact on both individuals and organizations. The text builds on a foundation of research and theory but also provides a practical framework focusing on critical issues and successful practices. Over 500 different organizations from a variety of settings are used as examples to illustrate key points and make the connection to HR practice. Important issues and critical trends are spotlighted in each chapter and reflected in the comprehensive and chapter ending cases included in the text. Managing Human Resources’ balance of theory and practice, hands-on activities, applications, and examples helps students develop the competencies to understand and help their organizations create a sustainable competitive advantage through people.
Textbook chapter topics include:
- Human Resource Management: Gaining a Competitive Advantage
- Strategic Human Resource Management
- The Legal Environment: Equal Employment Opportunity and Safety
- The Analysis and Design of Work
- Human Resource Planning and Recruitment
- Selection and Placement
- Performance Management
- Employee Development
- Employee Separation and Retention
- Pay Structure Decisions
- Recognizing Employee Contributions with Pay
- Employee Benefits
- Collective Bargaining and Labor Relations
- Managing Human Resources Globally
- Strategically Managing the Human Resource Management Function
Audience: Human Resource Professionals, Office Managers and Department Managers.
Diplomas and Certificates Applicable to the Human Resource Management course:
- Introduction to Human Resources Certificate
- Introduction to Supervision Certificate
- Financial Services Management Diploma
- Project Management Diploma
eBook access included in tuition
Shelly has over 15 years in the Banking, Training, Healthcare and Human Resource industries. During her career, she has held several positions in Customer Service, Training, Benefits and Human Reso... read more.