Continuing Education Credits: IACET CEUs: 0.9 (Contact Hours: 9 hours)
Estimated time to complete: 9 hours (270 days access time)
Self-Paced Online Course Description:
Working remotely brings unique challenges to day-to-day work schedules. Technology issues can hinder your productivity and, when you’re spending your whole day in the same place, it can be hard to transition from work hours to personal time. This online course bundle equips learners with the skills and strategies to thrive in a remote work environment. The courses offer advice on navigating a virtual career, providing tips on maintaining a healthy work-life balance, and guidance on managing different devices and technologies when working from home. In addition, these courses will give you the tools you need to balance work and life and maintain your emotional health.
Courses Included in this Bundle:
- Work from Home: Health and Wellness at Home
- Working from home presents a unique set of challenges when it comes to maintaining mental and physical health. From increased feelings of social isolation, anxiety, and stress, to a decrease in physical activity, sleep quality, and motivation, many people find that working from home is not necessarily a dream-like experience. This course provides learners with the knowledge and practices to gain and sustain optimum health and wellness at home. In addition, it provides guidance for improving sleep hygiene, practicing mindfulness, developing healthy eating habits, exercising, and tracking health with technology.
- Work from Home: Technology at Home
- The key to a productive workday at home is being prepared for all the technology needs that accompany work-from-home situations. Nothing is worse than a frozen Zoom meeting or a VPN connection issue! This course provides learners with the knowledge, tips, and practices to manage different devices and technologies at home. In addition, it provides practical guidance for purchasing products, contracting for services, and troubleshooting common issues so your day runs smoothly from anywhere in the world.
- Work from Home: Work-Life Balance
- Finding a healthy work-life balance—knowing the right amount of time to devote to your work, to your family, and to yourself—has never been easy. And, as more and more people are now working from home, the lines between work and life have blurred, and the idea of balance has grown ever more elusive.
- This course will introduce you to the concept of work-life balance, as we know it in the Age of Remote Work. And it will offer you practical advice and tips on dealing with your employer, supporting your family, and caring for parents and other, older loved ones.
- Define work-life balance and discuss its importance
- Identify the particular challenges to work-life balance for remote workers
- Explain the key work-from-home issues you should discuss with your employer
- Identify strategies for reducing screen time
- Assess the effectiveness of different ways to reduce stress
- Discuss the key challenges for remote workers who care for children at home
- Identify the key areas of concern for remote workers who care for an elderly parent
- Explain the importance of the Family and Medical Leave Act for remote workers
- Locate resources to help remote workers maintain work-life balance
- Badge and credit-awarding
- Real-world case studies
- Fully accessible
- Video content