Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) Rules: How to Comply, to Attach and Perfect Secured Transactions Webinar
Many loans extended by commercial banks are secured by personal property, which is governed by Revised Article 9 of the Uniform Commercial Code (“UCC”).
Webinar Description and Audience
Many loans extended by commercial banks are secured by personal property, which is governed by Revised Article 9 of the Uniform Commercial Code (UCC). The UCC governs secured transactions by taking most kinds of collateral for loans. It answers questions such as:
- How to protect rights to collateral against the claims of others.
- How to describe collateral in security agreements and financing statements.
- Where to file financing statements.
Commercial/Consumer Lenders and Loan Administrators must understand Revised Article 9 as it relates to collateral attachment and perfection of personal property. We’ll provide an overview of the UCC and focus on the most relevant factors bankers and administrators need to know to perform routine duties and protect the bank’s security interests in assets taken as collateral. We’ll focus on practical application of UCC rules. Highlights will include:
- Collateral covered by Revised Article 9
- Revised definitions of existing collateral covered by Revised Article 9
- Completing the Financing Statements properly
- Utilizing the proper collateral descriptions on Security Agreements and Financing Statements
- Filing the Financing Statements in the proper location and other areas of concern.
Leave with an understanding of how to document, close and record secured transactions covered by Revised Article 9 of the UCC. Get good working knowledge for managing the most common commercial and consumer secured transactions governed by Revised Article 9.
- The Loan Documentation Process
- Collateral Definitions
- Attachment and Perfection Rules
- Collateral Descriptions on Security Agreements & UCC Financing Statements
- Completing the Financing Statements to avoid rejection and provide legal protection
- Filing the Financing Statement in the proper location depending upon the type of collateral obtained
- Review the major 2013 Amendments particularly as it relates to the name of the debtor to be used on a Financing Statement and maintaining perfection after a debtor changes their name or location
Who Should Attend?
Senior Credit Officers, Loan Officers, Loan Operations Personnel, Loan Administrative Assistants and Secretaries, Branch Managers, Loan Review Officers, and Compliance Officers
Continuing Education (CE) Credits
This webinar is recommended for 2.5 CE Credit Hours. Each attendee will receive a Certificate of Attendance for self-reporting of CE Credits.
INCLUDES 7 DAYS OF ONDEMAND PLAYBACK! With this option, you will participate in the webinar (via the internet) as it is being presented. You will login to the webinar on your PC to view the PowerPoint presentation, and you have the option of using your PC speakers or a telephone for the audio. You can type and send your questions to the instructor. Many companies are now running their PC through an LCD projector allowing many employees to participate at the same time. And don’t worry if you miss the webinar, you can still view it for up to seven days after it takes place!
SIX MONTH ONDEMAND VIDEO:
With this option, you will receive an e-mail that contains a link to the PowerPoint slides (to download, print, and copy) as well as a link to the media player where you will view and hear the entire webinar just as it was delivered, featuring the full-color PowerPoint presentation with audio. You can pause, fast-forward and rewind as needed, which makes it a very effective training tool. The OnDemand Video will be available to you (and anyone else in the company) for six months and can be accessed 24/7 as many times as you wish. Delivered via e-mail the day after the webinar takes place.
If you do not have internet access or want to make the webinar part of your training library, the CD-ROM Recording is a great option for viewing a webinar. You can pause, fast-forward and rewind as needed, which makes it an effective training tool. With this option, you will receive a download of the PowerPoint slides and a CD-ROM Recording (featuring PowerPoint presentation with audio) of the webinar via regular mail. Mailed 7 to 10 days after the webinar takes place.
Webinars can be scheduled and offered exclusively for your company. They can even be customized to best fit your needs. To find out more, please complete the in-house request form found in the Schedule and Registration Information section below.