When do examiners assess civil money penalties for compliance violations? Do your commercial lenders and support staff understand the data collection required for HMDA-reportable applications? Is a written application required for a business-purpose loan? Real-life examples are used to explain how applicable regulations apply during the commercial loan application process. What are the top FIVE compliance requirements that are cited as violations in the Commercial Lending Area? The webinar includes an overview of including Fair Lending laws, Flood Disaster Protection Act, accommodation loans, HMDA, and insider lending.
High-level review of BSA requirements, including the new Beneficial Ownership Rules for Legal Entity Customers that became effective May 11, 2018 What factors are considered to determine whether the application is for a business or consumer purposes? A high-level review of BSA requirements is also included.
- Compliance requirements when real estate is taken as collateral
- Compliance requirements for Regulation B appraisal rules on loan applications secured by a first lien on 1-4 family dwellings (there is no ‘business-purpose’ exception)
- Common commercial loan violations when real estate has been taken as collateral
- Overview of HMDA requirements and review of the rules for business-purpose loans that became effective January 1, 2018. Some financial institutions may be eligible for partial exemptions
- of some of the data fields if they meet the lower threshold limits announced on August 31, 2018.
- Flood insurance challenges with commercial buildings and collateral, including new rules for ‘detached structure on residential property’ with a commercial purpose
- What are some common compliance violations in the commercial loan area when real estate has been taken as collateral?
- Flood insurance violations can be costly. What are some of the unique challenges with commercial buildings and collateral?
- There are four “trip wire” events for flood insurance. Learn about the revised rules for “detached structures on residential property”, this can include business purpose loans BONUS TOOLS –
- Matrix of 28 loan types; required disclosures for both consumer and commercial loans with explanations about real estate secured loans.
- Checklists that outline which compliance regulations apply to commercial credit and the exemptions for certain rules.
- HMDA flowchart and tips for 2020 reporting activity
- Flood insurance resources
Who Should Attend?
This informative session is designed for Commercial Lenders, loan assistants and processors, loan operations staff, compliance officers, and auditors
Continuing Education (CE) Credits
This webinar is recommended for 2.5 CE Credit Hours. Each attendee will receive a Certificate of Attendance for self-reporting of CE Credits.View Delivery Options