Top 25 Safe Deposit Compliance Issues Webinar
David P. McGuinn, president of Safe Deposit Specialists, speaks nationwide for numerous financial associations. He is a former Senior Vice President and Cashier with over 45 years of financial experience and is often referred to nationwide as the safe deposit GURU.
Webinar Description and Intended Audience
Questions regarding deceased renters, payable-on-death clause, living trusts, court orders, Servicemembers Civil Relief Act, USA Patriot Act, Suspicious Activity Reports, power of attorneys, Americans with Disabilities Act, past due boxes, abandoned property and many other legal and compliance issues have caused great concern and confusion for the safe deposit industry. During this webinar, you will receive current information about all of these issues and an in-depth explanation about how they impact on your financial institution and your safe deposit box renters.
David McGuinn, a former Sr. Vice President/Cashier and nationally known expert in the area of safe deposit, will provide clear concise answers to complicated questions regarding your institution’s responsibility and potential liability. He will also identify and discuss various compliance issues relating to each legal topic.
What You Will Learn:
- Does the “Beneficial Ownership of Legal Entities” law apply to business boxes?
- What “SEVEN” past due fees can be collected from a delinquent box renter?
- Who can legally access and remove contents from a deceased renter’s box?
- Does the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA) apply to past due boxes?
- Can you title a lease as a “living trust” or add a “payable of death” clause?
- What seven suspicious safe deposit transactions always trigger a SAR?
- How does the USA Patriot Act affect all safe deposit areas nationwide?
- What BSA & SAR violations are compliance examiners finding today?
- What should we do if dangerous content are found in a past due box?
- When are box contents sent to the Unclaimed Property Department?
- In most states who must be present when a past due box is drilled?
- How can poor box drilling procedures make a box renter very rich?
- Do you have “Right of Offset” against a past due renter’s account?
- Can you report a past due box renter to a credit-reporting agency?
- What careful wording should be used in a FINAL past due notice?
- How does the American with Disabilities Act affect safe deposit?
- How should you answer a renter’s question about insurance?
- Should a power of attorney be used to enter a renter’s box?
- Can renters legally store money, guns or drugs in a box?
Who Should Attend?
Safe deposit supervisor, vault attendant, branch manager, compliance & security officer, auditor, training director and in-house legal counsel.
Webinar Viewing Options
INCLUDES 7 DAYS OF UNLIMITED ONDEMAND PLAYBACK! With this option, you will participate in the webinar live, via the internet. You will login to the webinar on your PC to view the PowerPoint presentation, and you have the option of using your PC speakers or a telephone for the audio. You can type and send your questions to the instructor. Many companies are now running their PC through an LCD projector allowing many employees to participate at the same time. And don’t worry if you miss the webinar, you can still view it for up to seven days after it takes place!
SIX MONTH ONDEMAND VIDEO:
With this option, you will receive an e-mail that contains a link to the PowerPoint slides (to download, print, and copy) as well as a link to the media player where you will view and hear the entire webinar just as it was delivered, featuring the full-color PowerPoint presentation with audio. You can pause, fast-forward and rewind as needed, which makes it a very effective training tool. The OnDemand Video will be available to you (and anyone else in the company) for six months and can be accessed 24/7 as many times as you wish. Delivered via e-mail the day after the webinar takes place.
If you do not have internet access or want to make the webinar part of your training library, the CD-ROM Recording is a great option for viewing a webinar. You can pause, fast-forward and rewind as needed, which makes it an effective training tool. With this option, you will receive a download of any applicable handouts and a CD-ROM (featuring the full-color PowerPoint presentation with audio) via regular mail. Mailed 7 to 10 days after the webinar takes place.
Webinars can be scheduled and offered exclusively for your company. They can even be customized to best fit your needs. To find out more, please complete the in-house request form found in the Schedule and Registration Information section below.
Continuing Education (CE) Credits
This webinar is recommended for 2.5 CE Credit Hours. Each attendee will receive a Certificate of Attendance for self-reporting of CE Credits.