Selling Fundamentals Course
The Selling Fundamentals course prepares students with a detailed, yet broad, step-by-step selling process that is universal in nature. Selling Fundamentals demonstrates to students the order of steps within the selling process; provides numerous examples of what should be in each step; and shows how the steps within the selling process interact with one another (see complete description below).
Click Here for Course Description and Audience
The Selling Fundamentals course prepares students with a detailed, yet broad, step-by-step selling process that is universal in nature. Selling Fundamentals demonstrates to students the order of steps within the selling process; provides numerous examples of what should be in each step; and shows how the steps within the selling process interact with one another. Combined with up-to-date content and a strong ethical focus, Selling Fundamentals teaches sales the way a mentor would: with a strong, practical focus that puts the customer first.
Topics covered include:
- An Illustrated Overview of Selling
- Life, Times, and Career of the Professional Salesperson
- Relationship Marketing: Where Personal Selling Fits
- Ethics First… Then Customer Relationships
- The Psychology of Selling: Why People Buy
- Communication for Relationship Building: It’s Not All Talk
- Sales Knowledge: Customers, Products, Technologies
- Prospecting — The Lifeblood of Selling
- Planning the Sales Call Is a Must!
- Carefully Select Which Sales Presentation Method to Use
- Begin Your Presentation Strategically
- Elements of a Great Sales Presentation
- Welcome Your Prospect’s Objections
- Closing Begins the Relationship
- Service and Follow-Up for Customer Retention
- Time, Territory, and Self-Management: Keys to Success
- Planning, Staffing, and Training Successful Salespeople
- Motivation, Compensation, Leadership, and Evaluation of Salespeople
Intended Audience: Anyone interested in improving their selling skills.
Click Here for Diploma and Certificate Applications
Diplomas and Certificates Applicable to the Selling Fundamentals course:
- Advanced Financial Services Diploma
- Real Estate Lending Diploma
- Consumer Lending Diploma
- Commercial Lending Diploma
- Agricultural Lending Diploma
- Professional Teller Certificate
- Universal Banker Certificate
- Universal Banker Diploma
- Introduction to Financial Services Marketing Certificate
- Financial Services Marketing Diploma
- Sales and Service Management Diploma
Click Here for Delivery Option Descriptions
Online Course Format
Your course will be facilitated by an instructor who will guide you through each lesson and is available to answer questions and provide feedback on your assignments. Each week, you will locate your assignment in your online classroom. The assignment will include:
• reading assigned chapter(s) in your textbook
• and one or more of the following: completing a short assignment and either forwarding the assignment electronically to your instructor, posting it on the electronic class Discussion Board, and completing a self-check.
The semester length courses will have a mid-term examination and a final examination. These examinations and quizzes will be administered electronically over the Internet. Your overall grade for the class will be based on your performance on the weekly assignments, mid-term examinations and the final examination.
Guided Self Study Format
Guided Self-Study Courses offered by the Center for Financial Training are student-friendly, college level courses that allow you to take control of your busy schedule. You will study on your own, however you will have a qualified instructor only a telephone call or e-mail away. Upon registering for a class, you will be mailed a textbook, a syllabus outlining your course, and your first open-book quiz. You will have four months (certain classes allow less than four months) from the starting date to complete your class. The starting date is three business days from the date books and related materials are mailed to you. An advisor at the CFT office will keep in touch with you to provide additional assistance to help keep you on schedule. Your exams (two per class) will be proctored by an officer or manager at your financial institution. Upon satisfactory completion of your class, you will, within days, receive your grade and the appropriate credits for the class, which are the same as though you had earned them by taking the course in a classroom or online.
Evening classroom courses meet once each week for a total of 1 to 15 weeks depending on the topic. These courses are taught by qualified instructors with real-life experience from the financial services, legal, and academia sectors. Our faculty is comprised of credentialed professionals with a broad range of subject matter expertise who always present interactive and dynamic classroom experiences. They have significant experience in the field they are teaching, and most have advanced degrees. CFT faculty members are dedicated to helping students achieve their educational goals and actively serve as mentors for those seeking degree status.
Features and Benefits of CFT Live Evening Classroom Courses:
- Discussion and dialogue are “face to face”
- Student questions are answered immediately
- Students learn first-hand about the on-the-job experiences of their classmates
- Instructor assistance is always available – during class & after hours
- Interactive “live” classroom environment
- Students form peer groups that last a lifetime
Virtually any course or seminar that CFT offers can be brought onsite and taught to your employees at the most convenient time for your company. You can also purchase CFT curriculum and teach the course in-house with an internal instructor.