ACE Credit Recommendation Reference Number: CFTA-0014 (CFT Course Code: A201)
This Residential Mortgage Lending training course covers construction and permanent financing for residential property; real estate law; documentation; mortgage loan servicing; the secondary mortgage market; the role of government in mortgage lending; and residential real estate as an investment. The discussion of underwriting, processing, and servicing will give participants a framework for learning the mortgage lending business and refining their existing knowledge. Additionally, the coverage of laws and regulations affecting mortgage lending provide an understanding of mortgage lending’s history and a glimpse into its future.
- History of Mortgage Lending
- Role of Residential Mortgage Lending in the Economy
- The Mortgage Lenders
- Strategies for Generating Residential Loans
- Mortgage Instruments
- Residential Mortgage Loan Origination and Processing
- Underwriting the Residential Mortgage Loan
- Government Insurance and Guaranty Programs
- Private Mortgage Insurance
- Selling Residential Mortgage Loans
- Secondary Mortgage Market
- Residential Real Estate Appraisal
- Closing the Residential Loan
- Mortgage Loan Servicing and Administration
- Real Estate Law and Security Instruments
- Construction Lending
- Home Equity Loans
Audience: Designed for entry-level mortgage lenders, mortgage credit personnel, and bank and credit union employees who need to understand residential mortgage lending.
Diplomas and Certificates Applicable to the Residential Mortgage Lending course:
- Advanced Financial Services Diploma
- Introduction to Lending Certificate
- Real Estate Lending Diploma
- Universal Banker Diploma
- Introduction to Sales and Service Certificate
- Sales and Service Management Diploma
- Branch Manager Certificate
eBook access included in tuition
Barbara-Jean is the Senior Vice President, Director of Mortgage for Florence Bank. She has extensive experience in all aspects of banking including retail banking, commercial lending, and credit adm... read more.
Jeff has been the Chief Lending Officer at Freedom Credit Union in Springfield, MA since 2013 and is in charge of managing the Commercial, Mortgage, and Consumer Lending portfolios, as well as the Col... read more.