Protecting Vital Interests: SSN Verification Webinar
CBSV will be discussed as the premier method of personal identifier validation for due diligence processes as it matches name, SSN, date of birth, gender, and death indicator direct to the SSA Master File and Death Index to mitigate fraud and identity theft and reduce loan losses and net charge-offs (see complete description below).
Click Here for Webinar Description and Audience
The ease of creating a false identity has made financial institutions extremely vulnerable in becoming victimized across multiple operational areas.
Credit thieves and fraudulent applicants with false identities daily infiltrate financial institutions. These imposters have changed the playing field to their advantage – placing your business in severe risk of loss with estimates up to 30% of operating costs attributable to fraud.
There is an effective way to combat these perpetrators.
Protect your business from criminal activity by learning their schemes and thwarting their attempts with the absolute validation methodology direct form the U.S. governmental source records: Consent Based Social Security Verification (CBSV).
CBSV will be discussed as the premier method of personal identifier validation for due diligence processes as it matches name, SSN, date of birth, gender, and death indicator direct to the SSA Master File and Death Index to mitigate fraud and identity theft and reduce loan losses and net charge-offs. It is becoming the industry standard, and financial institutions that do not implement it into their processes will be less able to compete. According to industry experts, CBSV prevents approximately 80% of new account and employment fraud – the affect on the bottom line is a game changer for financial institutions.
CBSV by itself is incredibly powerful; however, effective fraud prevention programs require a comprehensive approach. Employee training, data breach response plans, client outreach programs, identity theft prevention partnerships and C-level support complete the circle.
This webinar addresses all of these components which ultimately teach best practices to increase RONA, build customer loyalty and maximize brand value.
- Current schemes used by applicants of all types (including new depository accounts, mortgage, auto, and personal loans), unauthorized workers, and other identity theft perpetrators.
- Learn how to protect the vital interests of your organization and avoid becoming victimized by mitigating losses associated with fraud, identity theft and the loss of your company’s valuable reputation.
- The differences and similarities between government and non-government verification systems (credit header information, data algorithms, Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification, E-Verify, Social Security Number Verification Service (SSNVS), and Consent Based Social Security Number Verification (CBSV) service).
- Pros and cons for each along with learning about current schemes involving Synthetic Name Fraud (aka Synthetic Identity Fraud) and Credit Profile Numbers (CPN) – which are both used to easily create a fraudulent identity.
- Case studies will be discussed and industry best practices will be reviewed.
- Identity theft and fraud training/certification programs for employees.
- Customer outreach initiatives to include identity theft training, education and prevention.
- Data breach response plans and handling effective post breach logistics.
Who Should Attend?
Executives and Managers of Operations, Lending, New Accounts, Security, Fraud, SIU, Compliance, and Human Resources.
Click Here for Continuing Education Credits (CEC) Info
This webinar is recommended for 2.5 CE Credit Hours. Each attendee will receive a Certificate of Attendance for self-reporting of CE Credits.
Click Here for Viewing Option Descriptions
INCLUDES SEVEN DAYS OF ONDEMAND PLAYBACK! With this option, you will participate in the webinar (via the internet) as it is being presented. You will login to the webinar on your PC to view the PowerPoint presentation, and you have the option of using your PC speakers or a telephone for the audio. Participants can type and send their questions to the instructor. Many companies are now running their PC through an LCD projector allowing many employees to participate in the same room.
SIX MONTH ONDEMAND VIDEO:
With this option, you will receive an e-mail that contains a link to the PowerPoint slides (to download, print, and copy) as well as a link to the media player where you will view and hear the entire webinar just as it was delivered, featuring the full-color PowerPoint presentation with audio. You can pause, fast-forward and rewind as needed, which makes it an effective training tool. The weblink will be available to you (and anyone else in the company) for up to six months and can be accessed 24/7 as many times as you wish. Delivered via e-mail the day after the webinar takes place.
If you do not have internet access or want to make the webinar part of your training library, the CD-ROM Recording is a great option for viewing a webinar. You can pause, fast-forward and rewind as needed, which makes it an effective training tool. With this option, you will receive a download of the PowerPoint slides and a CD-ROM Recording (featuring PowerPoint presentation with audio) of the webinar via regular mail. Mailed 7 to 10 days after the webinar takes place.
Webinars can be scheduled and offered exclusively for your company. They can even be customized to best fit your needs. To find out more, please complete the in-house request form found in the Schedule and Registration Information section below.