Principles of Banking: Accelerated Workshop
This is a two-day accelerated version of the Principles of Banking course.
Long recognized as the standard introduction to the banking industry, this course touches on nearly every aspect of banking, from the fundamentals of negotiable instruments to contemporary issues and developments within the industry. It is the foundation for all financial staff.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Explain the importance of full-service commercial banking as it affects the economy, community, business, and the individual
- Describe the three major functions of commercial banks and their interrelationship
- List the various products and services banks offer governments, businesses, individuals and correspondents
- Contrast between demand and time deposits
- Illustrate the various types of bank loans and investments
- Explain the concepts of liquidity, safety, and income
- Identify various banking regulations and regulatory agencies
Audience: Personnel new to banking at any level or staff just needing a formal understanding of banking.
1.00 CFT credit will be awarded after completion of this course.
3.00 Credit Option:
After attending this two-day workshop, you can “Test Out” and earn 3.00 credits for the Principles of Banking course! This course is a requirement for all diplomas and certificates currently offered by the Center for Financial Training. You can also transfer your credits from a college, university, or other continuing education organization and be well on your way to receiving your diploma or certificate! To find out more, contact Sharon Courtot at 800-795-5242 x1177 or email@example.com today!
Instructor: Jackie Judd