Oil and Gas Lending Webinar
The energy sector is strong again and so is the market for oil and gas lenders.
This webinar will provide bankers with a thorough understanding of oil and gas lending, loan documentation, and due diligence. It is a must for any bank that has or is considering loaning against oil and gas loans in its portfolio.
What You’ll Learn
- Oil and gas terminology, markets, and lending structures
- Risk management, including loan policy, underwriting, and valuation
- Oil and gas loan documentation
- Credit agreement covenants, including production reporting-audit capability, maintenance of leases, maintenance of properties to industry standards, hedging, and gas imbalances
- Lender diligence on oil and gas leaseholds, operating and non-operating working interests, overriding royalty interests, and landowner or non-participating royalty interest
- Land title issues, including the engagement of landmen
- Conducting a site visit to the borrower’s land department
- Reviewing oil and gas leases, farmout agreements, joint operating agreements, purchase agreements, and other material contracts
- Environmental issues, including Phase 1 environmental assessments and hydraulic fracturing
- Other oil and gas financing structures, including volumetric production payments, master limited partnerships, bonds, private equity investment, and joint ventures
- Regulatory compliance and reserve reviews
- Agencies overseeing the oil and gas industry
- Laws affecting oil and gas lending
Who Should Attend
All bank personnel involved in oil and gas lending, loan documentation, and compliance will benefit from attending this program.
Robin Russell has practiced law for 30 years and is licensed in Texas, New York and Massachusetts. She is a fellow in the American College of Bankruptcy and of the American Law Institute. She combines... read more.