Discover the ultimate advantage for both the lead bank and participant bank and learn how to mitigate risks to protect your interests. Get the inside scoop on how to avoid the dangers of lack of information and involvement in negotiations. This is your chance to stay ahead of the competition and become an expert in Participation Agreements. Don’t wait, enroll now and take your understanding to the next level!
This program covers the risks and rewards of loan participations to both the lead bank and the purchasing bank. Attendees will gain a thorough understanding of Participation Agreements.
A participant’s checklist for a well-drafted Participation Agreement will be reviewed, and administration of the participated loan will be discussed. Including items such as loan purchase options, loan administration issues, waivers, and conflicts of interest. We will also cover the due diligence by the participant, access to information, and lack of involvement in negotiations.
What You’ll Learn
- Dependency upon lead
- Financial instability/insolvency of lead
- Set-off by borrower
- Failure to perfect
- Due diligence by the participant and access to information
- Disclosure of participation to borrower
- Concentrations and other regulatory aspects of participations
- Loan agreement provisions related to participations
- Duties owed by lead to participant
- Rights to loan collateral and guaranties
- Loan payments and other functions
- Consent to amendments
- Restrictions on transfer
- Reimbursement and indemnification obligations
Who Should Attend
CRE lenders, commercial lenders, credit analysts, loan review specialists, special assets officers, lending managers and credit officers should attend. Support personnel involved in the administration of loan participations are also encouraged to attend.
Continuing Education (CE) Credits
This webinar is recommended for 2.5 CE Credit Hours. Each attendee will receive a Certificate of Attendance for self-reporting of CE Credits.View Delivery Options