Managing in the Middle Webinar
It’s a reasonable assumption that more than a third of all managers in banking are “managing in the middle”: reporting to top-level managers while managing others in some capacity. This practical, real-world webinar will help middle managers navigate their way through the maze that comes with the job. – see complete description below.
Webinar Description and Audience
In 2012, there were 10.8 million middle managers working in the United States. It’s a reasonable assumption that more than a third of all managers in banking are “managing in the middle”: reporting to top-level managers while managing others in some capacity. This practical, real-world webinar will help middle managers navigate their way through the maze that comes with the job.
“Managing in the Middle” gives supervisors and managers the skills they need to manage work and people. They can become stronger links in the management chain. Here are some thoughts to consider about middle managers:
- They know how stuff really gets done.
- They understand process and procedure, who does what, and critical deadlines.
- They are in the best position to help motivate the staff. They are with them all day.
- They have to work stuff out with cross-functional departments and teams.
- They have the power to set the tone and encourage bounce-back when things go wrong.
- They don’t have to defend the mission they have to lead getting the mission done.
- They need to be trained, coached, and valued for what they contribute.Tune in and what great middle managers do differently.
What You Will Learn:
- Plan, organize and manage in a more productive way
- Sharpen essential skills in order to elevate personal effectiveness
- Coach for maximum results and minimum demotivation
- Build positive relationships with your team, colleagues, and senior management
- Develop credibility as a leader
- Empower people through meaningful, ongoing performance appraisals
- Handle disciplinary problems and managing conflict
Who Should Attend?
Managers and supervisors who want to enhance their skills and contributions
Continuing Education (CE) Credits
This webinar is recommended for 2.5 CE Credit Hours. Each attendee will receive a Certificate of Attendance for self-reporting of CE Credits.
INCLUDES 7 DAYS OF ONDEMAND PLAYBACK! With this option, you will participate in the webinar (via the internet) as it is being presented. You will login to the webinar on your PC to view the PowerPoint presentation, and you have the option of using your PC speakers or a telephone for the audio. You can type and send your questions to the instructor. Many companies are now running their PC through an LCD projector allowing many employees to participate at the same time. And don’t worry if you miss the webinar, you can still view it for up to seven days after it takes place!
SIX MONTH ONDEMAND VIDEO:
With this option, you will receive an e-mail that contains a link to the PowerPoint slides (to download, print, and copy) as well as a link to the media player where you will view and hear the entire webinar just as it was delivered, featuring the full-color PowerPoint presentation with audio. You can pause, fast-forward and rewind as needed, which makes it a very effective training tool. The OnDemand Video will be available to you (and anyone else in the company) for six months and can be accessed 24/7 as many times as you wish. Delivered via e-mail the day after the webinar takes place.
If you do not have internet access or want to make the webinar part of your training library, the CD-ROM Recording is a great option for viewing a webinar. You can pause, fast-forward and rewind as needed, which makes it an effective training tool. With this option, you will receive a download of the PowerPoint slides and a CD-ROM Recording (featuring PowerPoint presentation with audio) of the webinar via regular mail. Mailed 7 to 10 days after the webinar takes place.
Webinars can be scheduled and offered exclusively for your company. They can even be customized to best fit your needs. To find out more, please complete the in-house request form found in the Schedule and Registration Information section below.