This program covers important legal issues and concepts which must be understood and consistently applied to enforce the Bank’s liens and other legal rights, avoid litigation and better serve customers. The goal is to provide an opportunity to learn or confirm your understanding of a variety of legal issues lending personnel deal with daily.
The program will provide ample opportunity to ask questions. Participants are encouraged to bring their own list of topics to be discussed or to submit them in advance to email@example.com.
- Loan Documents as Contracts
- Purpose and Structure of Loan Agreements, Security Agreements, Borrowing Base Certificates and Other Loan Documents
- The rules of Offset/Setoff
- Course of Dealing: Defaults and Waivers
- Priority of Liens and Payment
- Due Authorization: Legal Entities & Signature Requirements
- UCC Filings: Best Practices and Common Errors
- Guaranties: Requirements, Rights and Risks
- How Your Rights Change in Bankruptcy: Special Issues for Banks
- Care and Keeping of Collateral in the Possession of the Bank
- Avoiding Conduct that Leads to Litigation
Who Should Attend?
This program is designed for lenders, their support staff and loan quality personnel at all levels.
Continuing Education (CE) Credits
This webinar is recommended for 2.5 CE Credit Hours. Each attendee will receive a Certificate of Attendance for self-reporting of CE Credits.View Delivery Options