IRA Advanced Workshop
While it may take years to build a confidence level where you can answer almost any question thrown your way, the goal of this workshop is to raise your IRA IQ if you are a rookie and to reinforce your knowledge if you have a higher level of experience. You will also receive the industry’s favorite “tool” – the 250-page 2018-2019 Sunwest Training Corp’s IRA Training and Reference Manual – which is not only full of easy-to-follow IRA information, but also lots of “Cheat Sheets” and “Quick Reference Tools” to get you through your day-to-day tasks of dealing with your IRA customers.
- Updated legislative regulations on IRAs as the result of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act that was passed in December of 2017 and all 2019 Cost of Living Adjustments.
- Health Savings Accounts – overview and clarifying responsibility
- Qualified Plan Rollovers to a Traditional or Roth IRA – 6 Red Flags
- Direct vs. Indirect
- IRA to IRA Indirect Rollovers and Direct Transfers – Once-per-12-month rule clarifications and recent rules on 60 day exceptions and reporting
- Federal Income Tax Withholding
- Before age 59½
- At age 70½ including mandatory notices
- 9 Biggest Mistakes of IRA Beneficiary Payouts
- Overview and Explanation of IRS Reporting Requirements
Who Should Attend?
New Account Representatives, Certificate of Deposit Personnel, Savings Counselors, Accountholder Service Representatives, Investment and Trust Personnel who are newly involved in the opening, selling, marketing, or administration of IRAs. Any officer/manager who “oversees” the IRA department and may be responsible for answering IRA accountholders questions or concerns but does not actually open IRA accounts. Experienced IRA Personnel who like a slower pace workshop to cover all the new changes in a comprehensive manner.
Patrice M. Konarik is president of Sunwest Training Corp. founded 25 years ago and is located in the Texas Hill Country near San Antonio, Texas. With over 30 years in the financial industry, Patrice has focused her expertise on the retirement account area and is currently providing live training and Webinars on IRAs and Health Savings Accounts on a nationwide basis. She has a BS in Management Science from New York’s Binghamton University. Many state banking associations and other organizations use her as their main source for training on these complicated topics.