Advanced IRA’s Workshop
Advanced IRAs is a full-day course that focuses on recent tax law changes to IRA rules and addresses more complex IRA issues that financial institutions may face. This course assumes previous IRA experience, but is also beneficial for inexperienced attendees who have previously attended the Basic IRA course.
Course topics include:
- How has recent tax legislation impacted IRAs?
- What are the recent IRS changes to IRA rules?
Roth IRA Conversions
- How do we process a conversion to a Roth IRA?
- What are the tax and reporting implications?
Excess Contributions and Recharacterizations
- What is an excess contribution and how is it corrected?
- When can an individual complete a recharacterization?
- How are these transactions reported?
Required Minimum Distributions (RMDs)
- When must RMDs be distributed?
- How do we process and report RMDs?
Beneficiary Options and Death Distributions
- What are options for beneficiaries of an IRA?
- When must distributions be taken?
- How do we process and report beneficiary distributions?