E-commerce continues to have a dramatic impact on virtually every aspect of business. And following the 2009 recession on electronic commerce, its role is even more critical. Packed with the most cutting-edge coverage available, this course equips students with a solid understanding of the dynamics of this fast-paced industry (see complete description below).
Click Here for Course Prerequisite Info
CFT strongly RECOMMENDS that students complete the Marketing course prior to taking the e-Commerce course.
Click Here for Course Description and Audience
E-commerce continues to have a dramatic impact on virtually every aspect of business. And following the 2009 recession on electronic commerce, its role is even more critical. Packed with the most cutting-edge coverage available, this course equips students with a solid understanding of the dynamics of this fast-paced industry. It delivers comprehensive coverage of emerging online business strategies and technologies in the electronic commerce marketplace. By detailing how the landscape of online commerce is evolving, this course reflects changes in the economy and how business and society are responding to those changes. Balancing technological issues with the strategic business aspects of successful ecommerce, the course includes expanded coverage of e commerce growth in China and the developing world, social media and online marketing strategies, technology-enabled outsourcing, and the latest development in online payment processing systems.
•Thoroughly revised and updated, the exciting Tenth Edition of ELECTRONIC COMMERCE delivers solid coverage of such emerging and expanding issues as first mover advantage and alternative revenue strategies, the use of smart phones in online business, the role of branding in online sales, recent developments in online sales of music and videos, new forms of text advertising, social networking, mobile commerce, developments in microlending, and online customer relationship management tools.
• Illustrating important points with actual business cases, including the “Learning from Failure” feature, captivates students with real-world examples of successful and unsuccessful online business strategies, the book gives students insight into the struggles, accomplishments, and excitement of e-commerce.
• Cases in every chapter enable students to put what they’ve learned into practice. Each chapter includes two cases, giving readers plenty of hands-on experience applying text concepts to actual situations faced by real companies.
• Providing opportunities for further independent study, each chapter concludes with a comprehensive list of resources that serves as a starting point for readers who want to learn more about text topics.
• Complementing the textbook, the Online Companion links to online resources that illustrate the concepts presented in the text.
Audience: Anyone wishing to expand their technological marketing knowledge.
Click Here for Diploma and Certificate Applications
Diplomas and Certificates Applicable to the e-Commerce course:
Click Here for Delivery Option Descriptions
Online Course Format
Your course will be facilitated by an instructor who will guide you through each lesson and is available to answer questions and provide feedback on your assignments. Each week, you will locate your assignment in your online classroom. The assignment will include:
• reading assigned chapter(s) in your textbook
• and one or more of the following: completing a short assignment and either forwarding the assignment electronically to your instructor, posting it on the electronic class Discussion Board, and completing a self-check.
The semester length courses will have a mid-term examination and a final examination. These examinations and quizzes will be administered electronically over the Internet. Your overall grade for the class will be based on your performance on the weekly assignments, mid-term examinations and the final examination.
Guided Self Study Format
Guided Self-Study Courses offered by the Center for Financial Training are student-friendly, college level courses that allow you to take control of your busy schedule. You will study on your own, however you will have a qualified instructor only a telephone call or e-mail away. Upon registering for a class, you will be mailed a textbook, a syllabus outlining your course, and your first open-book quiz. You will have four months (certain classes allow less than four months) from the starting date to complete your class. The starting date is three business days from the date books and related materials are mailed to you. An advisor at the CFT office will keep in touch with you to provide additional assistance to help keep you on schedule. Your exams (two per class) will be proctored by an officer or manager at your financial institution. Upon satisfactory completion of your class, you will, within days, receive your grade and the appropriate credits for the class, which are the same as though you had earned them by taking the course in a classroom or online.
Evening classroom courses meet once each week for a total of 1 to 15 weeks depending on the topic. These courses are taught by qualified instructors with real-life experience from the financial services, legal, and academia sectors. Our faculty is comprised of credentialed professionals with a broad range of subject matter expertise who always present interactive and dynamic classroom experiences. They have significant experience in the field they are teaching, and most have advanced degrees. CFT faculty members are dedicated to helping students achieve their educational goals and actively serve as mentors for those seeking degree status.
Features and Benefits of CFT Live Evening Classroom Courses:
- Discussion and dialogue are “face to face”
- Student questions are answered immediately
- Students learn first-hand about the on-the-job experiences of their classmates
- Instructor assistance is always available – during class & after hours
- Interactive “live” classroom environment
- Students form peer groups that last a lifetime
Virtually any course or seminar that CFT offers can be brought onsite and taught to your employees at the most convenient time for your company. You can also purchase CFT curriculum and teach the course in-house with an internal instructor.