The CFPB (Consumer Financial Protection Bureau) has been inviting consumers to “tell their story” and file complaints since July, 2011. While the CFPB may not be the primary regulator for your financial institution, it’s critical to understand how the CFPB complaint process has changed regulatory expectations, and what your bank should be doing to proactively manage complaints.
- Learn how the CFPB uses complaint information to guide investigations, develop enforcement actions, and require reimbursement to consumers.
- Learn the regulatory “expectations” for complaints.
- What do recent enforcement actions tell the financial service industry about the importance of complaints?
- How is social media used by regulators in the complaint process?
- What do the employees in your financial institution need to know about handling complaints?
- How should complaints be tracked and evaluated?
- What type of training should be completed for handling complaints?
Who Should Attend?
Fair Lending complaints have initiated regulatory scrutiny that resulted in civil money penalties, reputational damage, and downgrades to the CRA rating. This session provides important information for Senior Management, Compliance Officers, Risk Managers, Branch Managers, Call Center Managers, Loan & Deposit Operation Managers, Marketing Staff, and Product Development Specialists
Continuing Education (CE) Credits
This webinar is recommended for 2.5 CE Credit Hours. Each attendee will receive a Certificate of Attendance for self-reporting of CE Credits.View Delivery Options