Excel Explained: Minimize Spreadsheet Errors Webinar
In this comprehensive presentation, Excel expert David Ringstrom, CPA, shares a variety of tricks and techniques you can use to improve the integrity of your Excel spreadsheets. You’ll also discover methods for auditing the spreadsheets created by others.
Webinar Description and Audience
In this comprehensive presentation, Excel expert David Ringstrom, CPA, shares a variety of tricks and techniques you can use to improve the integrity of your Excel spreadsheets. You’ll also discover methods for auditing the spreadsheets created by others. David shows you how to implement a variety of Excel features, including the Hide and Protect feature, the Conditional Formatting feature, the Table feature, the Data Validation feature, and the Custom Views feature. In addition, he explains how to perform dual lookups, sum disparate sections of a spreadsheet, preserve key formulas, identify duplicates, and more.
David demonstrates every technique at least twice: first, on a PowerPoint slide with numbered steps, and second, in the subscription-based Office 365 version of Excel. David draws your attention to any differences in the older versions of Excel (2019, 2016, 2013, and earlier) during the presentation as well as in his detailed handouts. David also provides an Excel workbook that includes most of the examples he uses during the webcast.
Office 365 is a subscription-based product that provides new-feature updates as often as monthly. Conversely, the perpetual licensed versions of Excel have feature sets that don’t change. Perpetual licensed versions have year numbers, such as Excel 2019, Excel 2016, and so on.
What You Will Learn:
- Utilizing the New Window and Arrange Windows commands to view two different worksheets simultaneously.
- Protecting workbooks to prevent users from renaming, hiding, unhiding, or otherwise affecting worksheets.
- Building resilience into spreadsheets by avoiding daisy-chained formulas.
- Improving the integrity of many Excel features by placing column headings within a single row instead of spanning two or more rows.
- Enabling selected users to access protected areas of a worksheet by way of the Allow Users to Edit Ranges feature.
- Limiting access to sensitive workbooks by way of password protection.
- Using range names to streamline formulas and bookmark key inputs within a workbook.
- Learning a simple design technique that greatly improves the integrity of Excel’s SUM function.
- Preventing errors from the start by choosing from thousands of free Excel spreadsheet templates.
- Mastering the IFERROR function to display alternate values in lieu of a # sign error.
- Using Conditional Formatting to identify unlocked cells into which data can be entered.
- Improving the integrity of spreadsheets with Excel’s VLOOKUP function.
Who Should Attend?
Practitioners who may benefit from improving the integrity of their Excel spreadsheets and boost their efficiency while doing so.
Continuing Education (CE) Credits
This webinar is recommended for 2.5 CE Credit Hours. Each attendee will receive a Certificate of Attendance for self-reporting of CE Credits.
Webinar Delivery Options
INCLUDES SEVEN DAYS OF ONDEMAND ACCESS! With this option, you will participate in the webinar (via the internet) as it is being presented. You will login to the webinar on your PC to view the PowerPoint presentation, and you have the option of using your PC speakers or a telephone for the audio. Participants can type and send their questions to the instructor. Many companies are now running their PC through an LCD projector allowing many employees to participate in the same room.
SIX MONTH ONDEMAND VIDEO RECORDING:
With this option, you will receive an e-mail that contains a link to the PowerPoint slides (to download, print, and copy) as well as a link to the media player where you will view and hear the entire webinar just as it was delivered, featuring the full-color PowerPoint presentation with audio. You can pause, fast-forward and rewind as needed, which makes it an effective training tool. The weblink will be available to you (and anyone else in the company) for up to six months and can be accessed 24/7 as many times as you wish. Delivered via e-mail the day after the webinar takes place.
CD-ROM VIDEO RECORDING:
If you do not have internet access or want to make the webinar part of your training library, the CD-ROM Recording is a great option for viewing a webinar. You can pause, fast-forward and rewind as needed, which makes it an effective training tool. With this option, you will receive a download of the PowerPoint slides and a CD-ROM Recording (featuring PowerPoint presentation with audio) of the webinar via regular mail. Mailed 7 to 10 days after the webinar takes place.
Webinars can be scheduled and offered exclusively for your company. They can even be customized to best fit your needs. To find out more, please complete the in-house request form found in the Schedule and Registration Information section below.