Excel Explained: Creating Interactive Spreadsheets Webinar
Webinar Description and Intended Audience
When you attend this live presentation, you’ll learn from Excel expert David Ringstrom, CPA, how to implement multiple techniques to create spreadsheets that are interactive, accurate, and user friendly. He demonstrates how to use a variety of Excel’s form controls and features to control the data input of other users, simplify data entry, preserve key formulas, minimize spreadsheet maintenance, and more.
David demonstrates every technique at least twice: first, on a PowerPoint slide with numbered steps, and second, in Excel 2016. He draws your attention to any differences in Excel 2013, 2010, or 2007 during the presentation as well as in his detailed handouts. David also provides an Excel workbook that includes most of the examples he uses during the webcast.
- Limiting users to a single choice by way of Excel’s OptionButton form control.
- Using the ComboBox form control to create a searchable drop-down list.
- Using Excel’s Go to Special feature to easily select form controls you wish to remove en masse.
- Preserving key formulas using hide and protect features.
- Specifying a range of whole numbers that a user can enter in a worksheet cell.
- Creating an input rule that requires names to be entered in a last-name, first-name format.
- Streamlining data entry in Excel with the CheckBox form control.
- Creating an in-cell list by way of Excel’s Data Validation feature.
- Limiting the number of characters that a user can enter in a worksheet cell.
- Using form controls to simplify data entry as well as to control the input of other users.
- Restricting users to enter dates within a given range, or before/after a given date.
- Learning how the Table feature allows you to transform filtering tasks.
- Identify how to create spreadsheets that are interactive, accurate, and user friendly.
- Apply a variety of Excel features that will minimize spreadsheet maintenance.
- Recall how to use the form controls discussed in the presentation.
Who Should Attend?
Practitioners who want to learn how to create user-friendly, interactive spreadsheets.
Webinar Viewing Options
INCLUDES 7 DAYS OF UNLIMITED ONDEMAND PLAYBACK! With this option, you will participate in the webinar live, via the internet. You will login to the webinar on your PC to view the PowerPoint presentation, and you have the option of using your PC speakers or a telephone for the audio. You can type and send your questions to the instructor. Many companies are now running their PC through an LCD projector allowing many employees to participate at the same time. And don’t worry if you miss the webinar, you can still view it for up to seven days after it takes place!
SIX MONTH ONDEMAND VIDEO:
With this option, you will receive an e-mail that contains a link to the PowerPoint slides (to download, print, and copy) as well as a link to the media player where you will view and hear the entire webinar just as it was delivered, featuring the full-color PowerPoint presentation with audio. You can pause, fast-forward and rewind as needed, which makes it a very effective training tool. The OnDemand Video will be available to you (and anyone else in the company) for six months and can be accessed 24/7 as many times as you wish. Delivered via e-mail the day after the webinar takes place.
If you do not have internet access or want to make the webinar part of your training library, the CD-ROM Recording is a great option for viewing a webinar. You can pause, fast-forward and rewind as needed, which makes it an effective training tool. With this option, you will receive a download of any applicable handouts and a CD-ROM (featuring the full-color PowerPoint presentation with audio) via regular mail. Mailed 7 to 10 days after the webinar takes place.
Webinars can be scheduled and offered exclusively for your company. They can even be customized to best fit your needs. To find out more, please complete the in-house request form found in the Schedule and Registration Information section below.
Continuing Education (CE) Credits
This webinar is recommended for 2.5 CE Credit Hours. Each attendee will receive a Certificate of Attendance for self-reporting of CE Credits.