Excel Explained: Building Error-Proof Spreadsheets Webinar
In this comprehensive session, Excel expert David Ringstrom, CPA, shares a variety of tricks and techniques you can use to improve the accuracy of your Excel spreadsheets. To help you create spreadsheets that are free of errors, David demonstrates how to implement Excel features and functions, such as the Hide and Protect feature, the Conditional Formatting feature, the VLOOUP function, the SUBTOTAL function, and others.
Webinar Description and Intended Audience
In this comprehensive session, Excel expert David Ringstrom, CPA, shares a variety of tricks and techniques you can use to improve the accuracy of your Excel spreadsheets. To help you create spreadsheets that are free of errors, David demonstrates how to implement Excel features and functions, such as the Hide and Protect feature, the Conditional Formatting feature, the VLOOUP function, the SUBTOTAL function, and others. In addition, he discusses how to preserve key formulas, perform dual lookups, create self-updating report titles, and more.
David demonstrates every technique at least twice: first, on a PowerPoint slide with numbered steps, and second, in Excel 2016. He draws your attention to any differences in Excel 2013, 2010, or 2007 during the presentation as well as in his detailed handouts. David also provides an Excel workbook that includes most of the examples he uses during the webcast.
- Using Conditional Formatting to identify unlocked cells into which data can be entered.
- Preserving key formulas using hide and protect features.
- Discovering techniques that automatically provide fallback positions in the event you need to see an earlier version of your spreadsheet.
- Summing disparate sections of a spreadsheet quickly with the SUBTOTAL function.
- Learning a simple design technique that greatly improves the integrity of Excel’s SUM function.
- Toggling the Locked status of a worksheet cell on or off by way of a custom shortcut.
- Limiting access to sensitive workbooks by way of password protection
- Performing dual lookups, which allow you to look across columns and down rows to cross-reference the data you need.
- Switching between Custom Views by way of a hidden drop-down list you can enable on Excel’s Quick Access Toolbar.
- Using the TEXT function to create report titles that update themselves.
- Improving the integrity of spreadsheets with Excel’s VLOOKUP function.
- Seeing how to view two worksheets from within the same workbook at the same time.
- Apply techniques and features that will improve the integrity of your Excel spreadsheets.
- State how to hide and unhide multiple worksheets with a single command in Excel.
- Apply Conditional Formatting to identify unlocked cells into which data can be entered.
Who Should Attend?
Practitioners who wish to learn how to create error-free Excel spreadsheets.
Webinar Viewing Options
INCLUDES 7 DAYS OF UNLIMITED ONDEMAND PLAYBACK! With this option, you will participate in the webinar live, via the internet. You will login to the webinar on your PC to view the PowerPoint presentation, and you have the option of using your PC speakers or a telephone for the audio. You can type and send your questions to the instructor. Many companies are now running their PC through an LCD projector allowing many employees to participate at the same time. And don’t worry if you miss the webinar, you can still view it for up to seven days after it takes place!
SIX MONTH ONDEMAND VIDEO:
With this option, you will receive an e-mail that contains a link to the PowerPoint slides (to download, print, and copy) as well as a link to the media player where you will view and hear the entire webinar just as it was delivered, featuring the full-color PowerPoint presentation with audio. You can pause, fast-forward and rewind as needed, which makes it a very effective training tool. The OnDemand Video will be available to you (and anyone else in the company) for six months and can be accessed 24/7 as many times as you wish. Delivered via e-mail the day after the webinar takes place.
If you do not have internet access or want to make the webinar part of your training library, the CD-ROM Recording is a great option for viewing a webinar. You can pause, fast-forward and rewind as needed, which makes it an effective training tool. With this option, you will receive a download of any applicable handouts and a CD-ROM (featuring the full-color PowerPoint presentation with audio) via regular mail. Mailed 7 to 10 days after the webinar takes place.
Webinars can be scheduled and offered exclusively for your company. They can even be customized to best fit your needs. To find out more, please complete the in-house request form found in the Schedule and Registration Information section below.
Continuing Education (CE) Credits
This webinar is recommended for 2.5 CE Credit Hours. Each attendee will receive a Certificate of Attendance for self-reporting of CE Credits.