Endorsements – Consumers, Businesses and Fiduciaries Webinar
Learn the safe way to handle checks and be sure that you and your financial institution can be protected from loss on the negotiable instruments. You will not want to miss this webinar! The information provided will produce confidence and a thorough understanding of the legal issues of endorsements.
Webinar Description and Intended Audience
Understanding endorsements and handling checks is crucial to making sound check cashing decision. A check is a unique type of contract where ownership can be transferred by way of the endorsement on the back of the item. This program will look at who has the right to endorse the back of the check and where is proper endorsement placement. We will also look at what happens if a check is not endorsed properly, when it may be best not to accept the check at all due to missing or problem endorsements and why we do not put business checks into personal accounts and why we do not give less cash on business accounts. Many “tricky” issues will be discussed, such as deceased customers, business accounts, endorsements for minors, income tax check endorsements, trustee endorsements and endorsements by powers of attorney. Learn the safe way to handle checks and be sure that you and your financial institution can be protected from loss on the negotiable instruments. You will not want to miss this webinar! The information provided will produce confidence and a thorough understanding of the legal issues of endorsements.
- Who is the person entitled to endorse the check?
- What is a valid endorsement?
- Bearer verses Order Checks
- Who is the holder of a check, and what is the holder in due course?
- Ambiguous endorsements
- Endorsements for minors, deceased parties, business accounts
- Witnessed endorsements
- Check cashing issues for business accounts
- Endorsements on income tax checks
- Trustee and power of attorney endorsements
- The simplest rule about checks that will save your financial institutions thousands of dollars!
- The connections between checks and account agreements if you have not signed the signature card you cannot get the money
- Postdated, stale dated, erasures, alterations and more lessons we need to learn
- Why your institution needs to know about the negligence rule and the bank statements rule
- Should we check endorsements and sent them back as “missing”?
- Treasury checks, postal money orders and other special checks
- Why we absolutely do not give cash back, cash or deposit into personal accounts checks made payable to a business.
Who Should Attend?
This webinar will benefit tellers, head tellers, cashiers, managers, branch operations, bookkeeping, compliance officer who approve checks and deposit representative who work with checks and accounts.
Webinar Viewing Options
INCLUDES 7 DAYS OF UNLIMITED ONDEMAND PLAYBACK! With this option, you will participate in the webinar live, via the internet. You will login to the webinar on your PC to view the PowerPoint presentation, and you have the option of using your PC speakers or a telephone for the audio. You can type and send your questions to the instructor. Many companies are now running their PC through an LCD projector allowing many employees to participate at the same time. And don’t worry if you miss the webinar, you can still view it for up to seven days after it takes place!
SIX MONTH ONDEMAND VIDEO:
With this option, you will receive an e-mail that contains a link to the PowerPoint slides (to download, print, and copy) as well as a link to the media player where you will view and hear the entire webinar just as it was delivered, featuring the full-color PowerPoint presentation with audio. You can pause, fast-forward and rewind as needed, which makes it a very effective training tool. The OnDemand Video will be available to you (and anyone else in the company) for six months and can be accessed 24/7 as many times as you wish. Delivered via e-mail the day after the webinar takes place.
If you do not have internet access or want to make the webinar part of your training library, the CD-ROM Recording is a great option for viewing a webinar. You can pause, fast-forward and rewind as needed, which makes it an effective training tool. With this option, you will receive a download of any applicable handouts and a CD-ROM (featuring the full-color PowerPoint presentation with audio) via regular mail. Mailed 7 to 10 days after the webinar takes place.
Webinars can be scheduled and offered exclusively for your company. They can even be customized to best fit your needs. To find out more, please complete the in-house request form found in the Schedule and Registration Information section below.
Continuing Education (CE) Credits
This webinar is recommended for 2.5 CE Credit Hours. Each attendee will receive a Certificate of Attendance for self-reporting of CE Credits.