Defining a CRA Assessment Area Webinar
Our topic for the webinar will focus on several simple steps to ensure a successful CRA exam outcome. Writing a dynamic CRA context report can show examiners not only that your financial institution understands the community credit needs, but that you are effectively meeting the needs in the assessment areas you serve (see complete description below).
Click Here for Webinar Description and Audience
Develop a “context report” that tells your story to the examiners.
Our topic for the webinar will focus on several simple steps to ensure a successful CRA exam outcome. Writing a dynamic CRA context report can show examiners not only that your financial institution understands the community credit needs, but that you are effectively meeting the needs in the assessment areas you serve. We will review the steps required to establish your case and demonstrate why your CRA program qualifies for a “Satisfactory” or possibly “Outstanding” rating.
The only way you can be sure that your performance context tells the right story is to tell the story yourself.
- The importance of developing a CRA strategy and steps for successful implementation
- What’s included in a performance context? Learn how to describe your institution, quantify the ability and capacity of the bank to meet credit needs based on financial data, and any issues that should be highlighted about a holding company, affiliate or subsidiary
- Learn how to highlight the positive outcomes of your lending focus and business strategy
- Tips to describe your assessment area including demographic and economic data resources
- Best practices to deal with CRA-related complaints and potential fair lending issues that can threaten a successful exam
- Steps for managing a CRA exam, including a review of the components of the rating process
- Overview of the data collection process for CRA Reporting
- Definitions of Community Development Loans and Services
- Ideas for passing the Investment Test portion of the exam
- Helpful CRA compliance resources and regulatory guidance
Who Should Attend?
Compliance Officers, CRA Officers, and Senior Management will find this session very beneficial.
Click Here for Continuing Education Credits (CEC) Info
This webinar is recommended for 2.5 CE Credit Hours. Each attendee will receive a Certificate of Attendance for self-reporting of CE Credits.
Click Here for Viewing Option Descriptions
INCLUDES SEVEN DAYS OF ONDEMAND PLAYBACK! With this option, you will participate in the webinar (via the internet) as it is being presented. You will login to the webinar on your PC to view the PowerPoint presentation, and you have the option of using your PC speakers or a telephone for the audio. Participants can type and send their questions to the instructor. Many companies are now running their PC through an LCD projector allowing many employees to participate in the same room.
SIX MONTH ONDEMAND VIDEO RECORDING:
With this option, you will receive an e-mail that contains a link to the PowerPoint slides (to download, print, and copy) as well as a link to the media player where you will view and hear the entire webinar just as it was delivered, featuring the full-color PowerPoint presentation with audio. You can pause, fast-forward and rewind as needed, which makes it an effective training tool. The weblink will be available to you (and anyone else in the company) for up to six months and can be accessed 24/7 as many times as you wish. Delivered via e-mail the day after the webinar takes place.
CD-ROM VIDEO RECORDING:
If you do not have internet access or want to make the webinar part of your training library, the CD-ROM Recording is a great option for viewing a webinar. You can pause, fast-forward and rewind as needed, which makes it an effective training tool. With this option, you will receive a download of the PowerPoint slides and a CD-ROM Recording (featuring PowerPoint presentation with audio) of the webinar via regular mail. Mailed 7 to 10 days after the webinar takes place.
Webinars can be scheduled and offered exclusively for your company. They can even be customized to best fit your needs. To find out more, please complete the in-house request form found in the Schedule and Registration Information section below.