Continuing Education Credits: CEUs: .3 (Contact Hours: 3 hours) HRCIs: 3
Estimated time to complete: 3 hours (90 days access time)
Self Paced Online Course Description:
Creativity and innovation are not one and the same. Creativity is the generation of new ideas by individuals and teams. Innovation is the process of converting those ideas into new products, business practices, and strategies that create value.
Its a meaningful distinction because creativity needs to be translated into something concrete for it to generate value. Protecting and nurturing new ideas, and bringing them to fruition, is the basis of innovation. That innovation takes place in and through organizations making it more complex.
Leaders of organizations of all sizes and types hope to encourage creativity in their employees. Eliciting creative and innovative ideas within a group, team, or organization has become a crucial skill. The ability of leaders to nurture and protect new ideas is vital to the health of the organization.
Included with your course is a one (1) year complimentary subscription to Fast Company (19.99 value). Your subscription will start with the current issue. Fast Company publishes 8 issues a year.
What You Will Learn:
- Define personal creativity
- Consider strategies for boosting creativity
- Explore the use of brainstorming as a creativity tool
- Explain how mind mapping is used to develop an idea
- Define divergent thinking
- Discuss idea incubators
- Identify techniques for generating ideas
- Consider the benefits of freewriting/journaling
- Explore ways to jump-start innovation
- Identify ways to encourage creative thought in the workplace
- Badge and credit-awarding
- Real-world case studies
- Fully accessible
- Games & Flashcards
- Video content