Compliance 101: Rules for Consumer and Mortgage Lenders
This session will cover key lending consumer compliance regulations (highlights of the Equal Credit Opportunity Act, HMDA, Flood, RESPA, Truth in Lending, and Fair Credit Reporting). It will also include a Bank Secrecy Act overview outlining “Five Reasons Lenders Should Have BSA Training”.
Webinar Description and Audience
This session will cover key lending consumer compliance regulations (highlights of the Equal Credit Opportunity Act, HMDA, Flood, RESPA, Truth in Lending, and Fair Credit Reporting). It will also include a Bank Secrecy Act overview outlining “Five Reasons Lenders Should Have BSA Training”. We’ll review “what’s old, what’s new, and what’s to come”.
- BSA training for CIP in the lending area, due diligence for detecting potential money laundering activity and Suspicious Activity Report (SAR) basics*
- Fair Lending “best practices” and recent enforcement actions.
- Reg B requirements for the life of the loan including tips for taking an application.
- Overview of HMDA data collection, common problems and best practices; review of the “NEW RULES” that became effective on January 1, 2018.
- Overview of Flood requirements including the four trip wire events and changes for “detached structures” on residential property.
- “Integrated Disclosure” review for the coverage, timing, tolerances, and common disclosure problems.
- Special concerns about credit report accuracy, permissible purpose, and handling disputed reporting under the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
- Highlights of the most common errors in consumer real estate secured loans; tips to prevent violations.
- Matrix of 28 types of real estate secured loans (consumer & commercial) showing the requirements for applications, including overview information about TRID and HMDA requirements.
- Matrix of suggested training topics by job function for consumer, mortgage, commercial lenders and for loan operations staff.
(The new Beneficial Owner rules for “legal entities” that became effective May 11, 2018 will not be covered since this session is targeted to consumer and mortgage lenders).
Who Should Attend?
This informative session is designed for compliance officers, auditors, loan officers, loan assistants, and loan administration staff. This seminar is designed for both those new to lending regulations or more experienced personnel looking for a review of existing requirements. While there is an emphasis on the regulations that relate to real-estate secured lending, this session will be helpful to any employee who assists applicants with various types of loan requests.
Webinar Viewing Options
INCLUDES 7 DAYS OF UNLIMITED ONDEMAND PLAYBACK! With this option, you will participate in the webinar (via the internet) as it is being presented. You will login to the webinar on your PC to view the PowerPoint presentation, and you have the option of using your PC speakers or a telephone for the audio. You can type and send your questions to the instructor. Many companies are now running their PC through an LCD projector allowing many employees to participate at the same time. And don’t worry if you miss the webinar, you can still view it for up to seven days after it takes place!
SIX MONTH ONDEMAND VIDEO:
With this option, you will receive an e-mail that contains a link to the PowerPoint slides (to download, print, and copy) as well as a link to the media player where you will view and hear the entire webinar just as it was delivered, featuring the full-color PowerPoint presentation with audio. You can pause, fast-forward and rewind as needed, which makes it a very effective training tool. The OnDemand Video will be available to you (and anyone else in the company) for six months and can be accessed 24/7 as many times as you wish. Delivered via e-mail the day after the webinar takes place.
If you do not have internet access or want to make the webinar part of your training library, the CD-ROM Recording is a great option for viewing a webinar. You can pause, fast-forward and rewind as needed, which makes it an effective training tool. With this option, you will receive a download of the PowerPoint slides and a CD-ROM Recording (featuring PowerPoint presentation with audio) of the webinar via regular mail. Mailed 7 to 10 days after the webinar takes place.
Webinars can be scheduled and offered exclusively for your company. They can even be customized to best fit your needs. To find out more, please complete the in-house request form found in the Schedule and Registration Information section below.
Continuing Education (CE) Credits
This webinar is recommended for 2.5 CE Credit Hours. Each attendee will receive a Certificate of Attendance for self-reporting of CE Credits.