Continuing Education Credits: Total PDUs/Contact Hours: 3 Technical PM PDUs: 1.25 CEUs: .3 (Contact Hours: 3 hours) HRCIs: 3 (Type: Specified – Strategic Business) SHRMs: 3
Estimated time to complete: 3 hours (90 days access time)
Self-Paced Online Course Description:
There’s a reason that workplace communication skills are so highly sought after by employers. Strong communicators can save their organizations time and money. For example, workers who can write emails that are reader-focused, clear, and concise can prevent the reader from having to send follow up questions, or worse, drawing the wrong conclusions about what the writer meant. Employees who can deliver engaging presentations can generate positive attention to the organization’s mission. And workers who are strong collaborators can run efficient meetings, both live and virtual.
At the same time, workplace communication skills are integral to an employee’s personal journey. Knowing how to craft attention-grabbing cover letters and resumes and ace a job interview are essential skills to master en route to finding professional fulfillment. The ability to manage speaking anxiety and deliver memorable presentations can set an employee apart from his or her peers. And understanding body language cues can help a worker build and sustain positive relationships with team members.
Ultimately, the ability to communicate with confidence and flair can keep a company focused on its organizational goals and help workers future-proof their careers.
Included with your course is a one (1) year complimentary subscription to Fast Company ($19.99 value). Your subscription will start with the current issue. Fast Company publishes 8 issues a year. ***Can be cancelled anytime.
What You Will Learn:
- Identify and implement key workplace communication skills
- Use communication as a collaborative tool
- Use body language effectively in the workplace
- Project confidence through verbal and nonverbal communication
- Design engaging and memorable presentations
- Manage public speaking anxiety
- Write emails that are clear and error-free
- Avoid common writing errors
- Compose a cover letter that grabs the attention of prospective employers
- Craft a resume that puts your best foot forward
- Improve your job interview skills
- Badge and credit-awarding
- Real-world case studies
- Fully accessible
- Games & Flashcards
- Video content