Basic Personal and Business Tax Return Analysis Workshop
Attend this proactive seminar and gain an understanding of the often complex and confusing topic of TAXES!
Bank personnel are required to obtain and properly interpret tax returns for both commercial and consumer lending purposes. The first part of this seminar will concentrate on personal tax return analysis while the second part will focus on the analysis of various business tax returns.
The objectives of the first part of the seminar consist of the following:
- Review the basic structure of the personal 1040 federal tax return (including the various schedules and K-1 forms),
- Use analysis techniques to prepare a personal cash flow from information gleaned from the 1040 and the related schedules,
- Discuss updates in the current tax code and how they affect the bank’s clients, and
- Describe how the 1040 tax return can be used to market the bank’s products and services.
The second part includes:
- Discuss the structure of a C corporation, S corporation, and Partnership (including LLC) tax return,
- Analyze business tax returns and prepare cash flows for these entities,
- Draw additional information from the business returns including identifying fraudulent tax returns,
- Discuss updates in the current tax code as they apply to businesses.
Commercial lenders, credit analysts, consumer lenders, loan documentation specialists, branch managers, assistant branch managers, private bankers, and business development officers