Basic Personal and Business Tax Return Analysis Webinar
Attend this proactive webinar and gain an understanding of the often complex and confusing topic of TAXES! Bank personnel are required to obtain and properly interpret tax returns for both commercial and consumer lending purposes. The first part of this webinar will concentrate on personal tax return analysis while the second part will focus on the analysis of various business tax returns.
Webinar Description and Intended Audience
Attend this proactive webinar and gain an understanding of the often complex and confusing topic of TAXES!
Bank personnel are required to obtain and properly interpret tax returns for both commercial and consumer lending purposes. The first part of this webinar will concentrate on personal tax return analysis while the second part will focus on the analysis of various business tax returns.
What You Will Learn:
1. Personal Tax Returns
- Review the basic structure of the personal 1040 federal tax return (including the various schedules and K-1 forms),
- Use analysis techniques to prepare a personal cash flow from information gleaned from the 1040 and the related schedules,
- Discuss recent changes in the tax code including the “Tax Cuts and Jobs Act” (TCJA) and how they affect the bank’s clients, and
- Describe how the 1040 tax return can be used to market the bank’s products and services.
2. Business Tax Returns
- Discuss the structure of a C corporation, S corporation, and Partnership (including LLC) tax return,
- Analyze business tax returns and prepare cash flows for these entities,
- Draw additional information from the business returns including identifying fraudulent tax returns,
- Discuss updates in the tax code including the TCJA as they apply to businesses.
Who Should Attend?
Commercial lenders, credit analysts, consumer lenders, loan documentation specialists, branch managers, assistant branch managers, private bankers, and business development officers
Webinar Viewing Options
INCLUDES 7 DAYS OF UNLIMITED ONDEMAND PLAYBACK! With this option, you will participate in the webinar live, via the internet. You will login to the webinar on your PC to view the PowerPoint presentation, and you have the option of using your PC speakers or a telephone for the audio. You can type and send your questions to the instructor. Many companies are now running their PC through an LCD projector allowing many employees to participate at the same time. And don’t worry if you miss the webinar, you can still view it for up to seven days after it takes place!
SIX MONTH ONDEMAND VIDEO:
With this option, you will receive an e-mail that contains a link to the PowerPoint slides (to download, print, and copy) as well as a link to the media player where you will view and hear the entire webinar just as it was delivered, featuring the full-color PowerPoint presentation with audio. You can pause, fast-forward and rewind as needed, which makes it a very effective training tool. The OnDemand Video will be available to you (and anyone else in the company) for six months and can be accessed 24/7 as many times as you wish. Delivered via e-mail the day after the webinar takes place.
If you do not have internet access or want to make the webinar part of your training library, the CD-ROM Recording is a great option for viewing a webinar. You can pause, fast-forward and rewind as needed, which makes it an effective training tool. With this option, you will receive a download of any applicable handouts and a CD-ROM (featuring the full-color PowerPoint presentation with audio) via regular mail. Mailed 7 to 10 days after the webinar takes place.
Webinars can be scheduled and offered exclusively for your company. They can even be customized to best fit your needs. To find out more, please complete the in-house request form found in the Schedule and Registration Information section below.
Continuing Education (CE) Credits
This webinar is recommended for 2.5 CE Credit Hours. Each attendee will receive a Certificate of Attendance for self-reporting of CE Credits.