ACE Credit Recommendation Reference Number: CFTA-0002 (CFT Course Code: A199)
Course Prerequisite Info: Students are REQUIRED to take Accounting or Financial Accounting prior to taking the Analyzing Financial Statements course.
Course Description and Audience:
A practical introduction to financial analysis from the viewpoint of the commercial credit analyst and commercial loan officer, the Analyzing Financial Statements course gives you the skills you need to effectively assess a commercial borrower’s ability to repay loans. After successfully completing this course, you will be able to: identify the reasons why businesses need to borrow; how to structure a commercial loan properly; define the legal structures available to a business; analyze income statements, balance sheets, cash budgets, pro forma statements, and personal financial statements; calculate key financial ratios and use them to compare a company’s performance with that of the company’s industry; Identify and construct cash flow statements and analysis; develop a global cash flow and global debt service coverage for a business.
Chapter topics include:
- Business Sectors and Operating Cycles
- Business Legal Structures and Life Cycles
- How Business Financial Statements are Constructed
- Income Statement Analysis
- Ratio Analysis
- Cash Flow Analysis
- Cash Budgets and Pro Forma Statements
- Personal Tax Returns and Cash Flow
- Combining Business and Personal Cash Flow into Global Cash Flow
Audience: Designed for commercial loan officers, credit analysts and trainees who have a basic knowledge of accounting principles and practices and a familiarity with the commercial lending process.
Diploma and Certificate Applications:
- Advanced Financial Services Diploma
- Introduction to Credit Analysis Certificate
- Introduction to Lending Certificate
- Commercial Lending Diploma
- Agricultural Lending Diploma
eBook access included in tuition
Bobby is currently a Commercial Loan Officer and AVP with 9 years of service at his Financial Institution. He kicked off his banking career as a part-time Bank Teller. Since moving on from that role B... read more.
Brandon recently joined Sunflower Bank as Vice President, SBA Portfolio Management in Longmont, CO. Prior to joining Sunflower Bank, he was with NBH Bank for 8 years as Vice President, Senior Credit ... read more.