Advanced Tax Return Analysis for Bankers Seminar
This seminar will provide the banker with several advanced tax return concepts and related analyses to help them more effectively work with their business customers.
The seminar will begin with a brief review of analyzing a business owner’s personal “1040” tax return and the return of an LLC, S corporation, and C corporation including Schedules M-1 and M-2, Schedule K-1, pass-through transactions, and other deductions.
The remainder of the seminar will cover the following “advanced” tax topics related to business clients:
- Corporate Tax Issues including Business Structure, Section 179 Depreciation, and Bonus Depreciation
- Investments including Capital Gain/Loss Issues and Passive Activities
- Real Estate Issues including Rentals and Home Offices
- Employer Provided Benefits including “Qualified Retirement Plans” and Health Savings Accounts (HSAs)
- Retirement Planning Strategies including “Defined Benefit” Plans & Captive Insurance
- Estate Planning Issues including Gift Taxes
- Year-End Tax Strategies
- Recent Changes to the Tax Code that impact Business Owners
Each of the seminar topics will be presented from the perspective of more effectively working with the bank’s business customers.
Commercial Lenders, Credit Analysts, Loan Documentation Specialists, Branch Managers, Private Bankers, and Business Development Officers