Advanced Ag Lending: Analysis and Risk Rating Seminar
This workshop will actively engage Ag Lending participants in live case studies, examining portfolio credit risk systems and application of risking rating systems to case studies.
The morning will be dedicated to live case studies including: a multiple entity cash crop operation, a diversified hog operation with a feed mill, and commercial elevator/feed mill.
The afternoon session will review the importance of establishing a Dual Risk Rating System and applying the morning case studies to a sample risk rating system.
- Advanced Case Studies
- Multiple Crop Farming Entities
- Livestock Entities with other Value Added Entities
- Agribusiness memorandum of understanding for labor, inputs, storage, and equipment sharing
- Consolidated balance sheets & income statements-troubleshooting for duplications and omissions
- Inter-entity loans, transfers, trades, inputs, assets
- Tools for allocating expenses, fuel, labor, and equipment
- Risk Rating System Comparison
- Utilizing Risk Rating Systems to Evaluate Safety and Soundness
Intended Audience: Agricultural Lenders with at least two years of experience OR anyone who has completed CFT’s Agricultural Lending School or equivalent Ag Lending training.