Active Listening Skills Workshop
Does your mind ever wander while others are talking? We spend countless hours of our working lives in listening-related activities; however, studies show we retain only 25% of what we hear! Learn to eliminate your own listening barriers and bad habits, and do a better job of listening—with everyone!
What You Can Expect To Learn:
• Recognize the impact of your personal listening style.
• Eliminate the listening barriers and turn-offs that hamper communication.
• Manage daily interruptions that cause you to lose focus, particularly when you don’t have time to stop.
• Utilize the power of silence.
• Learn how to make others feel important and “heard” through your listening skills.
• Practice accurate listening using The Four-Step Listening Process.
Instructor: Nancy Cleve is president of Consulting Concepts, a company based in St. Louis, Missouri, that specializes in helping businesses develop their people into happier, more productive, and more professional employees. As an educator, trainer, and consultant for more than 25 years, Nancy’s outstanding speaking skill combined with her real-world experience makes her a highly acclaimed seminar leader and convention speaker. As a national speaker, Nancy has been sought out to provide training expertise to top corporations, such as Anheuser Busch, Bank of America, BJC, Blue Cross Blue Shield, CitiMortgage, Enterprise Rent-a-Car, Federal Reserve Bank, Ford Motor Company, Maritz Inc., Marriott Hotels, MasterCard International, Nestle Purina, Washington University, and the St. Louis Zoo.