Time: 10:00am-5:00pm Eastern Time
Attend the 3 Day Deposit, BSA and Account Opening Update and Review Seminar from the convenience of your own office via Live Streaming Video as it happens on February 8th, 9th and 10th (9:00 am – 4:00 pm Central Time), or at your own convenience with 6 months of OnDemand playback.
Day One: During this deposit update we will cover a wide range of topics designed to update Deposit Compliance, Deposit Operations and Branch Staff. Learn about current examination issues and the changing landscape for our products and accounts.
Day Two: During this all day program we will cover a wide range of BSA topics for the current environment. Designed for BSA Officers and staff this program will present new and evolving issues with BSA.
Day Three: Learn how to open approximately 30 types of legal ownerships. We will cover consumer accounts, business accounts, deceased accounts and nonprofits. We will review the tax reporting, documentation requirements and best practices in our industry. Submit a copy of your signature card, resolutions and terms and conditions before the program. What you will receive: New Account Handbook and a Deposit Compliance Handbook
Day 1: Deposit Regulatory Update and Review – Tuesday, February 8th
- Changes on Savings Account
- Changes to Regulation CC
- FFIEC BSA Exam Manual Changes
- CTR Changes delayed but still worth looking at
- Changes on IRAs
- Nonresident alien interest reporting rules
- Overdraft Programs
- Marijuana Update
- Handling time deposits—renewals, partial withdrawals
- Who needs a NOW account when we have interest-bearing DDA
- Error Resolution
- Deceased Accounts
- Tax reporting, B Notices and penalties
- And So much more
Day 2: BSA Officer and Staff Annual Update and Review – Wednesday, February 9th
- CTR Update
- SAR Update
- Where are we on BSA Reform and Beneficial Ownership?
- New BSA FFIEC Exam Manual
- Hemp and Marijuana Update
- Navigating the law and the exam manual
- Implementing the new Customer Due Diligence Rules– Errors
- Revisiting Customer Identification Programs
- Investigations and filing SARs
- New payment mechanisms and BSA risk
- Create a more robust risk assessment
- Review OFAC changes and updates
- Examination hot spots and how to avoid them
- Confidentiality issues on SARs and common errors
- Third party payment processors and third party vendor issues with BSA
- And much, much more
Day 3: Opening 30 Types of Deposit Accounts: CIP, Documentation, Procedures and More! – Thursday, February 10th
- Single Party
- Multiple Party-WROS and WOROS
- Payable On Death/ In Trust For Accounts
- Power of attorneys
- Uniform Transfer to Minors Act
- Qualified Income Trust
- Formal Trusts—Revocable and Irrevocable
- Estate Accounts
- Sole Proprietorships
- Limited Liability Companies
- And many more
Training Day Agenda (Subject to Change)
- 9:00-10:15am – Content followed by a 15 minute break and Q&A
- 10:30-12:00pm – Content followed by a 45 minute lunch break and Q&A
- 1:00-2:15pm – Content followed by a 15 minute break and Q&A
- 2:30-4:00pm – Remaining content and final Q&A
Who Should Attend?
BSA Officers and Staff, Bank Management and Board of Directors, Deposit Compliance Officers and support staff, Deposit Operations, Deposit Training, Personal Bankers, Customer Service Representatives, Management and Deposit Staff, Deposit Operations, Deposit Compliance, Deposit Training, Customer Service Representatives, Branch Managers, Personal Bankers, and Lenders. Virtually anyone at your institution!
Continuing Education (CE) Credits
This webinar is recommended for 2.5 CE Credit Hours. Each attendee will receive a Certificate of Attendance for self-reporting of CE Credits.